UPDATE: Solo 3.5 RC4 testing results 04/21/2017
3DR iOS 2.4.2 App
Arducopter 3.5 RC4 firmware
Stock Solo configuration with the exception of a Drotek m8p GPS board.
- Gimbal 100% ok, no limping even in radical maneuvers
- Arducopter Flight modes: all ok; (Acro and Sport not tested)
- RTK GPS fix and injection: ok
- RTH: 100% ok with the parameter setting below in this thread
- Retested and ok: RTM
- Failsafe (battery, loss of connection -> RTH) ok
- Pause/rewind: ok
- All parameter displays on Controller, 3DR App and Solex: ok
- Solex and 3DR App geofencing ok
- Solex/3DR App smartshots: orbit, zipline 2D/3D, MPCC, followme: ok
- 3DR app Altitude follow me: ok
- Solex flight profiles: ok
- Solex Vehicle settings and change ok
- All Gopro controls work in Solex and 3DR App
- Solex Missions: ok, also the latest draw on map features
What works correct, but differently to stock Solo firmware:
- Max distance/max altitude settings in Solex: Solo stops at max altitude/distance, independent from settings in Solex. (no feedback only, no trigger of RTH). Unlike in the 3DR stock firmware, Solo will only go into RTH if the fence is breached.
What does not work ok:
- Gopro doesn't shut off when Solo is powered down.
- Gopro freezes from time to time, please always reset by pulling the gopro battery if this happens or remove the Gopro battery entirely during flight
- Solex/3DR app Pano: doesn't work at all. Solo is in guided, taking pictures but doesn't move
- Solex/3DR App Selfie: broken
- Solex TapToFly: doesn't work. When I tap on a location to fly to Solo goes into guided followed by a fast descent
- no LED controls, no Solo shutdown beeps (already being addressed in Matts firmware version)
- Factory reset: Solo will brick and doesnt pair anymore - please avoid!
- Acro/Sports mode (I chickened out)
- boat mode (no boat at hand)