Small, simple wing controller

Most “wing” flight controllers are rather large and have 10 to 12 outputs for servos, typically. This is missing a big market, I think.
The most popular plane types are the wings, which ideally need a much simpler controller, specifically an AIO board with 3-4 servo outputs.That’s what I’m looking for, and they are rare. I used the Omnibus F4Pro until it became unavailable, but now that it’s gone, small AIO boards that are usable easily for planes are scarce as hen’s teeth.
Anyone have a suggestion?

By “AIO” are you including the ESC’s on board? A 20x20 form factor stack is pretty small and light. The only thing they don’t have that the wing boards have is extra BEC’s.

I’ve been looking for something similar. The IFlight Beast F7 45A AIO seems to fit what you need unless I’ve missed something. It seems to be in stock as well which is a common problem for AIOs.

I hear you James. I used an Omnibus in a simple wing – got it on clearance for $10 or so, worked great. I was looking for a forward-compatible H7/F7 controller that is one-board, four channels, no ESC or current measurement needed, but has robust IMU and sensors, PWM out, etc for Ardupilot.

The MatekSys H743-SLIM V3 was the closest I could find in a current/available board with longer-term support.

The other option was to go with a quadcopter FC but then they’re a bit thin in the sensor package.

Or Matek H73-Mini. I have Slim’s and a Mini, both perform well.

1 Like