SkyViper discussion

Hmmm, I haven’t noticed it freezing with the SV either. What’s freezing on you? The video stream? The entire app?

Both. The video will be frozen and I have to force kill Solex and dronekit,
then relaunch to get it back. I did update to the RC2 beta. Not sure if
that is related?

LordNeeko the other radio parameter is BRD_RADIO_TXPOW set to 8 it is the telemetry transmission power level . As for Solex freezing I was having issues with Tower crashing on my android that was caused by having udp ping enabled for some reason must have clicked that box by mistake. Could some thing similar be your issue maybe , just a gusse as I’m totally clueless about this stuff , but I am learning a bit maybe.

1 Like

It’s under flight parameters then change parameter category to Tuning the go to the bottom. It’s next to last in the list…RC_FEEL_RP. Glad I could help. Got an update coming soon. Had alot of problems. Amazing my SV is still flying.

Anyone know the product specs for the LEDs in the SV 2450GPS?

Just got one from Target @ cheap price. I want to give as birthday gift to grandson. I want to check this out and make a flight, but I DON"T have a smart phone ! ( I know) Can I just charge and give test flight without a smartphone connection?

Joe ( Not really a luddite). Been building and fling audropilot for 5 years now.

2 Likes

It’ll work without a smart phone. The downside is it won’t download the latest firmware and GPS fix data. But it should work.

Some tips:

1. You don’t have a GPS lock until the green light on the Transmitter stops flashing.
  2. If you take off while the GPS light is flashing (in GPS mode) it’ll take-off just fine, but it’ll actually only be in Altitude Hold mode. So you have to maintain position. If you get GPS lock after taking off, it’ll set the home position to whereever the drone is at, at that moment. So using RTL will cause it to fly where you don’t want it.
  3. Recommend flying it with AltHold first to get used to it, and ensure it is flying stable, before trying GPS mode. (I only recommend this because of not getting the latest firmware, which had a few fixes in it)

For the most part, everything should work great. Good job being an awesome grand parent. :wink:

@lordneeko: Thanks’ for the info - I will give it test hop when not so windy.
Joe

I am hoping someone here can help. I upgraded from a 2450 gps to the journey 2700. I am trying to map auto mode to the transmitter buttons like I have done with the 2450. The transmitter with the 2700 no longer has a mode button marked. I am trying to set a dual button press lik
e I have done with the 2450. Mode button plus bumper button at the same time sets auto mode. Which button on the 2700 transmitter now corresponds to the mode button?

1 Like

The camera or stunt buttons

What’s up with Skyrocket as a company. They make good products but damn. They’re support branch and order processing are unbelievablebly horrible. I don’t understand. It took 4 months for the parts store to get SV 2450 parts when they were still making the product. They had the parts for assembly. Why? And when they did get the parts, they only offer 2 modes of shipping, Standard Ups ground and Priority, which take at least 4 to 5 days for priority and God knows how long for standard with no tracking number at all. The orders cannot be tracked. But the order page says, don’t inquire about your order until after 2 weeks of waiting. Really? I am so disappointed in the company. If I still had the cash, I would buy the company and fire everyone except product development. That’s what needs to happen. And, yes, and, they WILL NOT answer the phone. All u get is instructions to email your concerns to support@skyrocketon.com. Anyway… hopeful they will do better in the future.

1 Like

@Scott_Erik_Chisling There are new profiles you can set up and change on the app directly.

Connect to the SV WiFi and open the sky viper viewer 2.0 app go back to the home screen, ( top left icon while in viewer mode) and select the controller icon at bottom left, this will allow you to change the different flight patterns. Also just to note, it will only allow 2 at a time swither by the ( AUTO/SPORT ) mode button.

1 Like

You’re 100% correct. And, compounding the issue, their company takes almost the entire month of december off (the busiest time of year where people would be calling in for support) which really backs them up. Happened last year too. They make killer products, and completely ruin everything with their support and parts NON availability.
I will say though, that this product line (2018 versions) do have a little better parts supply than last year’s. But, not for things you actualy want like gears, motors, and batteries. But, if you want, you could buy all the internal for the 2700 for like $30 and build your own drone lol. And quite frankly, you could do yourself REALLY well because the computers they put in these SVs are top-notch.

I’ve got to say they made my end of year good by restocking motor and gear sets. I bought several along with guards and c-clip/washers combos. FC and Sonix are not listed. Batteries are out but all mine swelled quicker than others I still have from other drones. I never fast charge any of my batteries either. I need to look at finding better quality 1200s. The Tattu 220s for my whoop are holding up nicely.

2 Likes

my SV hasn’t flown in months because my batteries finally turned into balloons. I could get 850 batteries…i’ve just found other priorities to spend my money on lately.

Hello,

I have a Skyviper V2450 fpv. When I try to connect to the wifi to get video on my phone it does not connect. I have tried both the SkyViper video viewer and video viewer 2.0 app but neither one wants to connect to the wifi. Anyone know how this can be fixed so I can use the video feature. Because otherwise its just a regular flying drone.

Hi Moe,

Are you connecting your phone to the SkyViper WiFi server first? After the phone is connected, then try to get video from the apps.

Has anyone successfully used the skyviper journey with dronekit? Even the simple_takeoff function isn’t working for me, it just spins the viper out of control instead of going up.

Is there a suitable alt app for remote viewing this skyviper? The current sky viper google apps don’t support my Pixel 6 Pro phone.