Skydroid H16 GCS without Air in Unit

Hi All, I am looking for some advice. I have an almost brand new H16 pro without the air unit (lost in a fly-away). I will not pay $600 for a replacement Pro air unit, I spent $250 on a NON-PRO air unit and it will not bind no matter what I do. I have tried every OEM flash version available, in every combination. Yes I have updated the AU first. I even flashed the H16 Pro down to a non-Pro. Nothing, it will not work.

So this leaves the question, what can I do with this thing besides use it as a $1600 web browser?

I purchased a SIYI HM30 ground unit system with PPM input, thinking I can use the H16 PPM out port and use as a tethered remote to the ground station tx. I got the H16 to connect via PPM, only to find out from SIYI that the AU does not support PPM. I have looked for ways to get RC out over USB, WiFi, UART with no luck. I have reached out to vendors, forums, resellers without success.

Skydroid support is non-existent. As soon as they sell an item there is ZERO development, updates, support, apart from one guy on youtube making videos with old firmware versions.

Can anyone suggest how I can get RC out of this thing, or some useful function besides a paper weight.

Any input would be appreciated.

CUAV is also selling this H16 radios maybe they will help.

1 Like