Sky Viper Journey Pro Video GPS Drone V2700 -It's HERE!

You can use Spline Waypoints now from Mission Planner. I don’t have a V2700 but with the 2450GPS this is simple.

1 Like

Old Post, I know, but-flight conditions? Altitude of launch point? I have had the same issue. Losing GPS lock may be AFTER unit f/c forced into landing mode due to inability to provide sufficient power for hold. Try stabi mode if you can fly that way. Problem may still exist which means prop upgrade (inexpensive fix). se

Warranty? Oh that thing people keep hoping will bail them out? Rather than warranty I could use a pile of parts! Is there any way to get a complete set of internals (used, dead bird salvage, etc.) for a reframe? 2450 or 2700 F/C, GPS, baro, sonix board/camera? Or do I need to go the parts store? Thanks

ebay is your friend. last i searched there were dozens of 2450 part sets out there.

^^ This! Also, if you have a choice, I prefer the V2450GPS electronics. Better processor, design, dual bus, Taoglas antenna, etc.

Just make sure to use the V2450GPS module with the same board. You CAN use the newer module on the old board (and old module with new board) but the wires on the harness of the GPS module need to be removed and reseated in opposite order.

Sorry Brad, just noticed this.

I don’t think there will be much more Sonix development since it currently meets our needs for the product. It really didn’t change too much between the 2017 and 2018 modules, apart from the sensor cable going from parallel to MIPI.

The whole WebAP came about completely from Tridge. When we were waiting an extraoridinarily long time for the module supplier to get us the source code, Tridge got tired of waiting, kicked down the walls of the Sonix code and built up the WebAP for development purposes. It worked so well and was so helpful, we agreed to keep it in for release. SOOOOO glad we did, too! It’s helped us diagnose issues with Customer support as well as created an open door for the entire community who loves to tinker.

It would have been an outright shame for the V2450GPS to ship with that firmware on it and not have an interface like the WebAP to work with it.

• Matt
3 Likes

100% agree. The WebAP made it possible for newbies like me to get in and figure this thing out before transitioning to using a real GCS for configuration…even still. When I’m “on-site” and I want to make a configuration change, being able to do that with my phone/tablet is incredibly useful!

I mean…really…a quad with a companion computer at sub $100!! Wah!?

2 Likes

Steve,

We’ve played with and dismantled several Wingsland S6s here. Good little frame, but was way too pricey when it launched.

The BB gun feature was fun! (Right up until the point where we got an Exec mad at us for sniping at them)

1 Like

Matt,

Thank you for the restock of the v2450 parts. I bought multiple sets, motors/gears, guards and washer/clips. Wings were clipped for quite a while because of a stripped prop gear. Flying again except for all the rain we’ve gotten this year. I will probably pick up another v2450 off eBay for the spare boards.

1 Like

Hello from Dublin(Ire),
i’m new here…i purchased a Sky Viper Journey recently.
At first i was not happy with the machine out of the box as it handled really badly…it seem’s to be working ok now after a couple of update’s.
I had my first successful flight last night at an altitude of about 65 feet for around 7min…my mobile is a Samsung S7 standard model from 2016/7.
I was wondering if the tuning suite will work on the Chrome OS platform?
Thank’s.

Not exactly sure what you mean by “Tuning Suite”

If you have a later Chrome OS system that is able to install Android Apps, then perhaps it can install the Sky Viper 2.0 app. You could also install QGroundControl if you can install android apps. Follow the steps at the bottom of this page here (http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/skyrocket-gcs.html labeled “WARNING”) to make the SV work with QGC.
Barring that, you could connect to the Sky Viper’s Access Point by powering on the skyviper and connecting to it via WiFi with your Chromebook. Then you can access the web interface of the drone at going to http://192.168.99.1 in your browser.

As far as I know, there aren’t any ChromeOS native Ground Control Systems that exist.

1 Like

Hello again,
I apollogise for my indiscression…i now realise i should have started a fresh thread of my own.
I am a new member and it’s been a while since i have been part of any forum.
Thank you for your help with my problem with my drone.

I know this is not the right place to do this but I have been trying to contact skyrocket support for a month now and cannot do so. The website sent me a link to get a password. But the link fails every time I try to sign in. I have a journey and a scout that both need parts. Also am having firmware, transmitor, and other issues with. Didn’t want to bother anyone here but I cannot find my other options. Thanks

Don’t feel bad, you’re certainly not the first.

Hi Kenny,

Send me a direct message with your info and email address. I’ll try to get it under the eyes of CS so they can reach out to you.

Thanks!
Matt

1 Like

thanks, but walmart took both the journey and scout back. this was the 9th time i had returned a skyviper product to them since december. guess il try to build one myself unless i can find another lower priced ready to fly brand.

by the way, if anyone needs it i have a lot of flight data and paramater info for the journey, it is definetly NOT compatable with the 2450 firmware. most problems seem to evolve around the transmtter and toy mode. both Qground control and mission planner automatically change parameters randomly.THE STRING FRAME FIX ONE POST I SAW HERE DID WORK GREAT. the gps and compass both failed on a regular basis fron gps glitch and ground mag anomolies.app every 30 seconds and the skyviper app loaded the 2450 firmwae to the scout, then when the journey was ran with it, loaded the scout firmware to it and then the journey would have the flow hold enabled until i cleared it out in the parameters, this applier to both th 2700 and 1849 models.

Hello from Dublin(Ire),
I bought a Sky Viper Journey from a local Toy Store chain.
I was surprised to see that such an advanced machine in a Kid’s Toy shop…after all this is not a simple toy grade machine due to the complex electronic’s involved.
I have been flying around 5 year’s and even i had a few problem’s with it at first…in fact i am still learning thing’s about the machine.
Mine suffer’s from very bad vibration and as a result the footage also suffers from jello affect’s…also when i fly it in Altitude Hold Mode it suffer’s from very bad drift and i still have not figured out how to trim it as there are no button’s to do so on the TX.
When ever i have a rough landing the motor’s take way too long to shut off when it make’s contact with a hard surface.
Any advice on how to solve these problem’s would be deeply appriciated.:+1:

@Royotheboyo
Have you done the preflight calibrations?

Make sure you are well away from any metal even go as far as take your keys and phone off when you set the calibrations.

As for the motors still running just give the power button a tap on the TX for an emergency stop of the motors don’t worry the tx doesn’t power off just by the tap of the button.

This is the active webap interface once you have connected to the drones wifi signal.

1 Like

Hi Matt, I tried your message tab but no luck. I am trying to wire up a 4-1 esc like you did and wonder 1) for the esc, did you route the positive wires from motor plugs to the S1-S-4 and grounds to common (i.e. common to power pos/neg for pcb)? 2)can you use the volt and current pads shown on the diagram to input to those particular inputs on the esc? 3)Do you know what pads on the 2450 pcb would be used for inputs for flow camera or ultrasonic sensor module? I have sussed mounting pcbs to (altered) Ghost frame. 4-1 esc in, backup video camera powered and ready to stack, antennas in, just need to do some soldering! Mahalo Nui Loa! Steve