Skidsteer left/right motor trim? (Pulls left)

Hello,
I have a Rover (mower) with individual left/right motors operating in skid steer mode.
Everything is working quite well other than I’ve noticed the machine pulls a bit to the left at full throttle.
Is there an easy way to adjust the trim?
The only way I could think of is to reduce the SERVO_MAX for the right throttle.

Thanks!
Tony

1 Like

Tony,
That is the way I trimmed my left and right to be as in sync as possible. Under “Initial Setup-Mandatory Hardware-Servo Output”, you can set the min, max and trim in one easy place. I initially put my mower up on jack stands and worked with the settings to get the wheels stopped when I had my joysticks centered (steering and throttle), then I visually judged whether they were turning at the same speed for various throttle positions. Having a handheld tach to see the rpm of each wheel would be great. But the ultimate test is letting it move forward in manual mode. I have had mine be way out of adjustment, however, and seen that in auto or steering mode, Ardupilot compensates beautifully for the error and still does a pretty good job. I’d love to see your mower in action if you are so inclined to point us to a video!

1 Like