Skidsteer help with boat

I understand that many of you get tired of silly questions and people that don’t want to put the time in to figure things out for themselves lol…

But I can’t figure this out…I’ve spent 2 days trying… Hope someone can help…

Pixhawk 2.4.8 working well (for the most part) frysky qx7 crossfire and 2 brushed esc’s with SERVO1_FUNCTION 73 and servo 3 at 74. Pilotsteer is 0

When I increase throttle chanel 1 both motors work.

When I use chanel 3 left and right the individual motors correctly activate.

When I go to full throttle chanel 1 and try to turn right the right side motor slows down (seems like the correct behaviour)

But!

When I have chanel 1 at full throttle and try to turn left… Both motors stop… Decreasing chanel 1 from full throttle will slowly increase the Rh motor until it reaches full throttle ( full left hand turn)

I’m stumped… Been 2 days trying to figure it out.

I do have chanel 3 reversed in servo output… Without it reversed nothing works right.

I’ve tried reversing and inverting…rest my fc and transmitter… Really tried everything

Please help if you can

Looking at the servo out reading on mission Planner I see chanel 1 sitting at 1500 with the stick all the way down…

Maybe that’s part of the problem…

Well…

Looks like pilot steer param setting to 3 is the fix…

Kind of confused… 0 is default… 1 is two paddle… 3 and 4 are just supposed to change the reversing direction while going in reverse!

Maybe a bug?

2 days a alot of beers wasted! Lmao

Hmm, I don’t know the answer, sorry.
If you are still troubleshooting, one thing that I find helpful in these situations is to put the RC inputs 1 & 3 (your transmitter stick positions) and also servo output 1 and 3 (your esc throttles) on the Quick display in mission planner. I think these are called ch1in, ch1out, ch3in, ch3out. Then in one view you can see how the mixing is done.

I appreciate your reply…

Ya I was stumped for a while…

This is all new including the rc portion so I’ve had alot of learning to do lol… Open tx /crossfire, telemetry, gps ect… And learning to solder ridiculously small pcb boards and wires along with all the settings and parameters… It’s been tough lol even the esc with its auto calibration caused some trouble…

But this skid steering thing was silly… I went through everything and like you said used the screen in mp and my transmitter to try to figure it out.

But it is all working now :slight_smile:

Just don’t understand how setting pilot steer to 3 fixed it… Maybe I’m still missing something or not understanding what pilot steer is doing