Skid steer help

@Danimal
Ardurover uses throttle and aileron (not rudder) channels for control. The default channel order is AETR (Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder). The OpenTX page is called “mixes”, but this does not collide with the “use no mixes” instructions. You have to assign the channels you want to use on that page, otherwise there will be no output from the Taranis.

Thanks, Sebastian
It seems that i am heading down a good path on that front. The channels still calibrate, so i’ll adjust the min/max outputs from the taranis and see if that helps the radio calibration step.

Just a quick query - would it better if i were using a better autopilot than the 2.4.8?

thanks and cheers,

Dan

I do not really understand that part. Just leave the Taranis channel values at default and follow the instructions Missionplanner gives you for radio calibration.

A “better” autopilot is really a matter of what you need. The Pixhawk should be just fine to get started. The reason for me to change the autopilot from a Pixhawk to a Matek H743-Wing was that I needed LUA scripting, for example.