SIYI QGC Button Assignment

@SIYI

I’ve installed my SIYI A8 on a Hexsoon EDU-450 and I’m preparing to do test flights.

I’m using the A8’s ethernet connection to a HereLink V1.1 Air Unit for video and telemetry.

Control of the video and gimbal requires the use of either the SIYI FPV app, or the SIYI custom QGC.

There is a warning from CubePilot not to use the use the hardware/PWM assignments on the Herelink controller to make flight mode changes. MavLink commands for mode changes are proscribed.

The SIYI FPV app doesn’t support sending MavLink commands - so using that app is problematic.

The SIYI custom QGC does allow button assignments - but it’s a little different than the QGC that comes pre-installed on HereLink.

First - the SIYI custom QGC shows the button assignment in a “JOYSTICK” section. (the native HereLink QGC has a “buttons” section)

The problem is that under the SIYI custom QGC these buttons aren’t working. Using the pre-installed QGC, the buttons do work - so it’s doubtful there’s a problem with the controller. Also - when using the SIYI QGC drop down menu for flight mode changes - that works fine.

As a side note - it appears that both the HereLink and SIYI version of QGC share some configuration files. After setting up the button assignments in the SIYI version of QGC, I discovered that they were automatically present in the HereLink version.

An additional note - in my earlier work with the HereLink QGC, I found that assigning “button 5” (the shoulder button) to trigger the camera shutter - did not work. I got around this by setting the hardware button setting for the shoulder button to signal PWM for the camera shutter.