Siyi mk15 connecti̇on problem?

Hello everyone,

I have a MATEK H743 WING V3 model flight control card and SIYI MK15 ground station.

After making the necessary connections, I can see that my Matek card and the remote control are communicating via Ardupilot, and I can calibrate them without any problems.

But directly, the remote control and the matek control card do not communicate or establish a connection. Do I need to make an external setting via SIYI? I ask for your support in this matter.

You can see the images attached.

1. Check telemetry in Siyi FPV first.If ok go next.
    2.in Siyi TX -Datalink “connection”- USB COM.
  2. Check in Phone settings “Ethernet connection ON”
    After start QGC will be promt to use COM port connection - apply

Hi,
Could you tell me the 1. Step’s detail? Do you mean RSSI level or dBm level ?
I checked everything and everything is looking normal but still not connected :frowning:
İ tried to connect via USB cable and usb-c connection type, between mk15 and matek, it’s connecting. But without cable, i can not connect :frowning:

If Mk-15 receive Mavlink from FC you will see in Siyi FPV telemetry data- height, temp, flight mode…
Did you solder blue/yellow telemetry data wires from Siyi Airunit to FC Uart?
Did you set in MP this UART (see Ardupilot mapping for FC what RX/TX uart corespond to Com port number) as 57 kb, type 2 (mavlink 2)?
Be noted rx to tx, tx to rx.

I did the soldering steps you said. In this way, I can see the connection via Ardupilot.

But I did not make the second adjustments you mentioned. I don’t know how to do it either :frowning: but I will check for this, can you just tell me which MP I can do from which menu?

Which RX/TX num you connect telemetry?

I am using TX7 - RX7 for telem,
I am using RX6 for RS in.

Thank you so much!

I set my uart 7 port to RCIN via mission planner, but I still couldn’t connect.

So you need set:
Serial 1 (rx/tx 7)
Baud 57
Protocol 2

https://www.mateksys.com/?portfolio=h743-wing-v2#tab-id-6

See below UART table

Hello,
I finally managed to connect everything together.
The problem was entirely related to the Rx/TX connection being reversed. Actually, I tried this setting before but it didn’t work. I think I might have made different mistakes.

Thank you for everything!

1 Like

Glad to hear.
not all we can configure by SW.
So my opinion is to connect everything as reccomended first, then find how to connect and configure additional devives.
Have a nice fly!
BTW- Siyi MK15 at 5.5 GHz give stable RC up to 4,5-5 km from ground.
You can see link quality in Db- note that -70 -75 Db is critical, -83 Db is absolute zero.
And don’t try to change “RC mode”- my favorite is “15 km FPV mode”
Best place of antennas is down of body as reccomend Herelink.
Also be noted that 2 antennas absolutely symmetrycal inside of RC system (so you can use any 1 antenna) and soldering quality of antenna connectors on Air unit is very bad. Small vibration can detach ceramic connector from PCB.

Hello again,
Thank you for your valuable suggestions.
Since I did all my tests in the office environment and at my desk, I cannot test the mk15 in detail :slight_smile: but I will try and learn all the settings when I get the chance. I have completed all connections and the drone is communicating without any problems. I only get a few minor errors ( arm roll rc 1 is not neutral ). I will fix these errors and move on to flight testing.

I’ll start a new topic. I completed the EDU-450 drone with Matek h743. I’m waiting for your comments, thank you from now on.