SIYI A8MINI tx16s setup for pixhawk

hi guys, i am using the a8 mini and i connected it to my pixhawk 6c via a uart. i am using the tx16s. i can control the zoom of the camera but i cant control the pitch roll yaw. i followed this guidline SIYI ZR10, ZR30 and A8 Gimbals — Copter documentation

@SIYI @rmackay9 @timtuxworth

I selected the gimbal mode to rc targeting and i can control the zoom but i cant control the pitch roll yaw of the gimbal

@rmackay9

Hi @Abraham42,

Thanks very much for post here in the Copter 4.5 category.

It’s very odd that the camera works but the gimbal does not, normally it’s the other way around and normally this is because the user has forgotten to set CAM1_TYPE = 4.

In this case though, because the camera works we know that MNT1_TYPE and CAM1_TYPE must be set correctly.

Could you provide an onboard log so that we can check other parameters? The most likely issue is that the RCx_OPTION parameters have not been set to control the gimbal.

Another possibility is that the RCx_MIN, MAX or TRIM values have not been set. Very commonly users have somehow set RCx_TRIM = 1000 when it should be 1500.

Another possibility is that the Siyi’s firmware version is very old or that the hardware is broken.

These are all guesses of course because I have so little to go on. Onboard log please!

@rmackay9

the hardware was broken. changed it now the new one working good.

tnx

1 Like

Which hardware was broken?

@SIYI the siyi a8 mini

Please write to support@siyi.biz to get A/S service, sorry for the inconvenience