SIYI A8 Survey Grid Camera Settings

Hi Michael and Randy,im woundering if you could include a listing for the SIYI A8 camera in Auto waypoints,I think this camera is becoming popular and I have one and would like to use it in survey missions,many thanks,Marty.

What exactly do you mean with “listing”?

Hi Amilcarlucas,so it is available in the dropdown list of cameras

Go to Documents/Mission Planner/Cameras.xml and add your camera. It won’t be overwritten by MP update. Or even better, you can add a PR on github to include it. https://github.com/ArduPilot/MissionPlanner/blob/master/camerasBuiltin.xml this is the file which used MP to create the cameras.xml file it it does not exist.

1 Like

If you know the settings, I can assist with the PR on GitHub.

1 Like

Thank you Andras,I will have a look tomorrow and see if I can do it lol

Hi Yuri_Rage I will message SIYI and see if they will send me the Pixel details and get back to you and thank you

@MartyMcFly, I changed the topic title to more accurately reflect the subject matter.

Frank, @SIYI, this isn’t the first time this question has come up, and I don’t see that it has ever been answered completely.

If I’m reading the spec sheet correctly, the following settings should be valid:

Can you confirm?

1 Like

Thank you Yuri_Rage,it little things like this that makes Ardupilot stand out,you and your family have a great weekend and plenty of flying.

1 Like

@rmackay9, in the interest of getting Marty flying, do you have any insight as the the proper photogrammetry settings for the A8?

1 Like

Hi @Yuri_Rage,

I’m afraid that I don’t know the focal length, field-of-view, etc for the A8. I have it on my to-do list to add reporting from AP to the ground stations (via mavlink) what these various values are … and this will require some investigation and testing… but for now I don’t know what they are.

… We have an group chat with the Siyi developers though so I will ask them …

2 Likes

Thanks, Randy. Most of the specs on on their page, but I’m not sure of the exact image size created on a camera trigger event. Would be good to confirm it all with SIYI regardless. Thanks for reaching out to them!

1 Like

Thank you Randy and Yuri_Rage for taking this on board and trying to solve it

Hi Frank Wang can you please confirm these as correct,