SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

I would be grateful to no were to but the resistor,Wolferi please and many thanks

Hi Shubham,

Yes, the red wire is CVBS, the white wire is GND.
As for the termination resistor, youā€™ll have to look into the documentation of your video transmitter, if it already has the termination resistor built in. Most have, but I have seen transmitters which didnā€™t.

Cheers

Edit: A termination resistor, if needed, is to be connected between CVBS and GND.

2 Likes

Hello Sir.

Thank you very much for the reply, Iā€™ll check the CVBS output tomorrow with the reciever and update you after that.

Best Regards
Shubham

1 Like

Hello Sir,

This setup works perfectly, I just connect the Red CVBS wire to the Transmitter and its transmitting the Video Properly.

Thanks & Best Regards
Shubham

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup Siyi A8 on mission planner

Im stuck because CAN1_TYPE parameter is missing!

Im using Cubeorange ArduCopter V4.3.7

Any help would be appreciated!

It is a TYPO on Siyi Manual, its CAM1_TYPE

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Iā€™m trying to manually start the video recording through the SIYI A8 mini camera also assigned a toggle switch to perform the specific action and Iā€™m controlling the camera via the Ardupilot Driver via UART. but the recording not starting when Iā€™m toggling the switch.

I have used the parameter named RC6_OPTION = 166.

also Iā€™m able to control the Gimbal yaw and pitch movement through the above setup and auto video recording is also working.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue. @SIYI can you please help me in this case !?

Thanks & Regards
Shubham

Same here man, but I skipped this parameter and Iā€™m able to control the gimbal Pitch and yaw movement.

Hi ddomit,

Youā€™ll need at least ArduCopter V4.4.0 beta (beta5 is current as of now).

HTH

1 Like

Hi @Wolferl do you have any idea of how to enable the recording on/off in the SIYI Camera module !?

1 Like

Hi Shubham,

Iā€™m using MNT1_TYPE=8, CAM1_TYPE=4 and RCx_OPTION=166 on copter 4.4.0-beta5.
That RC channel needs to be configured as a toggle switch.
But, I have to admit, that quite often, starting a video recording fails after a few seconds. I wasnā€™t able to find out what happens. It is just annoying.
Itā€™s a shame that the A8 camera is the typical ā€œbanana wareā€ product. Weā€™ll seeā€¦
I am thinking about going back to SBus control of the gimbal.

Cheers,

Hi Sagar, Which Video Tx and Rx setup are you using for your recording because , Iā€™m using the Conventional Video Tx with CVBS video input but somehow Iā€™m not able to start the video recording manually over UART. DO you have any idea how to enable the video manually over the UART of Ardupilot.

I am having a Wobbling in the Pitch Axis, whenever mount mode is not RC Targetting. Instead of locking the pitch axis it just wobbles

Does Anyone Know what may be happening and how to fix?

Thanks

whenever I Point camera Here from mission planner, it doesnt turn yaw axis, only pitch axis.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried in all mount modes but cant get it to work. Is mavlink targeting the correct mode to do it?

Thanks!

Copter-4.4.0 was released at least a week ago - Iā€™d use that.

2 Likes

Hi @ddomit,

I think the wobble will go away if it is mounted on the bottom of the copter instead of the top. The ZR10 allows mounting ā€œupside downā€ (e.g. on the top of the vehicle) but Iā€™m less sure about the A8.

Re point-camera-here not moving the yaw, Iā€™d like to see a log file or at least a parameter file. In particular Iā€™d like to check that the MNT1_YAW_MIN and MAX are non-zero.

1 Like

We are running on Arducopter 4.3.5

Had no issues running SIYI A8 Mini Gimbal on gimbal firmware v0.2.2

After updating to v0.3 - facing jittering and gimbal getting completely stuck. Pitch gimbal motor gets hot.

Anyone else facing the issue? @SIYI

yes I have those symptoms at times never put it down to the firmware but you are correct also mine wont calibrate properly on v3.0

I have exactly the same problem, the new A8 mini, after flashing to gimbal version 3.0 after 30 minutes of flight, it just got stuck no longer controlled at all. Now I canā€™t do anything with it, rolling back the firmware does not help. @SIYI

2 Likes

Hello,

My A8 is moving by itself during flight. It starts moving in Roll axis, then Pitch axis. Sometimes we fly looking at the sky because the gimbal moves without any command. Version is .2.2. Iā€™m afraid of upgrading since others said it breaks the system.

Please, I need to make a decision. Keep waiting for @SIYI which never solves it. Or move to another gimbal. What other gimbal do you suggest??

Thanks!

1 Like

@SIYI , this is how the video output is like when it is jitter. It is not visually possible to capture the jitter in the gimbal since its very high freq. But if you touch the gimbal you can feel it.

SIYI A8 Mini Jitter Issue.MP4