SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

You have set it to Lock Mode. Please try Follow Mode.

@SIYI ,
Iā€™ve tested all the modes, and the grimbal doesnā€™t move.

I am pleased with this gimbal, although I have experienced issues with roll stabilization that seem software related. It is quite easy to exceed 30 degrees roll in a quadrotor, even just at hover. When the A8 reaches that soft limit in follow mode, it rolls so that it has zero roll in body coordinates which means in world coordinates it is > 30 degrees. This is quite annoying. Also, it seems like roll is coupled to yaw as shown at 48 seconds in the video and also 1:33 to 1:48 seconds. At 1:48 I twitch the droneā€™s roll axis to make the gimbal release.

https://studio.youtube.com/video/hXMcHjDzO6I/edit

Have that problem too, then i install 0.2.2 gimbal firmware after that gimbal again can move. But problem is moving the camera a few degrees to the right. Need any another old firmware for testing gimbalā€¦ Maybe that can helpā€¦

Does anyone have an issue with video glitching from time to time on the A8 mini after updating gimball and camera to latest firmwares? I have began experiencing this after this new update (gimball 0.2.8 and camera 0.2.0). Until this everything worked fine. I am using the A8 connected to herelink air unit, but because the glitching also appears in the recording on the sd card of the camera, i think that herelink does not have anything to do with this.

Please show us a video of the video glitches problem, thanks

@SIYI Can you explain the Mavlink integration status for gimbal 0.2.8 and camera firmware 0.2.0 with arducopter stable 4.3.7, please?

While the manual says mavlink control is still under development, you are suggesting in this thread to set the UART protocol to mavlink and the sr1_extra rate to 50 to improve attitude of the camera. Does the mavlink attitude fix mentioned here work with the above mentioned firmware revisions?

@SIYI here is the video evidence for video glitch after updated A8 mini to latest version.

@rmackay9

AC 4.3.7 connected with A8 mini gimbal YAW and pitch continuosly moving to its end point if control once.this happened in both YAW and PITCH command.
May be issue with angle mode or speed mode of Gimbal.
Sbus control working normally.

@SIYI when i try to recenter the gimbal using one of the aux switch gimbal recenter very slowly and not enough rate speed to achieve quickly.
Similarly Pitch down command too.
Need OSD function for REC and PHOTO in ethernet video out mode when using third partyā€™s app like QGCS itā€™s very difficult to know the status.

AP ver 4.3.5
Std camera vibe damping system doesnā€™t work
I make my own using O-ring AND placed 50 g plumbum plate on camera head.
It gave me positive response.
But!
Few times allready after 5-10 min flight at wind condition (wind 4-10 m/s) gimball motors switch off with no reset posibility and no reaction to controll gimbalk.Thanks to RTL and good GNSS module I not loose copter!
After switch copter off/on camera regain

Hi @kalai1219,

Iā€™ve never heard of that problem before but it could happen if the gimbal wasnā€™t reporting its lean angles properly to ArduPilot. It could also happen if the AP gimbal driver was put into ā€œGPS Pointā€ mode and gave a target that was out of the physical range of where the camera can point towards.

Iā€™m using my A8 fairly regularly and it seems fine so I suspect it is a configuration issue or a hardware issue.

If you think it is an AP problem it might be best to try and test with the Copter-4.4.0-beta and report here along with an onboard log.

Here is the reference video for the YAW continuous movement and similarly Pitch also same issue.
If do you think its configuration issue which parameter misconfiguration cause thisā€¦

I am using latest A8 mini firmware
Camera firmware 0.2.0
Gimbal firmware 0.2.8
Arducopter 4.3.7

And its not gps point mode i have checked and its RC targeting mode .

Hi @kalai1219,

Txs for the video.

I suspect that the RCx_TRIM values are not mid way between RCx_MIN and RCx_MAX where ā€œxā€ is the RC channel used to control yaw. Iā€™ll need to see a log in order to give more advice I think.

1 Like

I have checked RCx_ MIN is 1050 and RCx_ MAX is 1950
Rcx_TRIM is 1500.

SBUS control mode works correctly.

Were you zoomed in during your glitch video at all? I noticed when I was flying I was getting similar glitches if the camera was zoomed in at all, but I didnā€™t notice it doing it when I was zoomed all the way out. Might have been a coincidence, but I was curious.

What is the trim PWM output on those channels? I had a similar situation with pitch control where I would pitch it down and it would slowly pitch back up all the way. Turned out I had trim set at 1500, but I was sending 1526 or something when not hitting the control. When I set trim to 1526 it stopped doing it.

1 Like

There was no zoom it was absolutely full zoom out.

Have you connected via Ardupilot serial port to controll the gimbal right!
I will check my trim settings once Again and get back here.

Thank you @rmackay9 your are right and after recalibrating the RC transmitter was solved the issue of continuous movement.
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-siyi-zr10-gimbal.html

as per the above wiki i can able to set all RCx functions for camera but still missing some camera function and couldnā€™t able to configure

1. camera photo(currrently only video is available)
  2. camera recenter to neutral position
  3. camera Pitch down to 90 degree

these function are i can able to configure in Sbus control mode using SIYI PC assistant software.

1 Like

@kalai1219,

Great news that you got it working OK.

Thereā€™s an RC auxiliary function for taking pictures. For the re-center and pitch-down-90 we could add auxiliary functions but the QGC custom camera/gimbal control screen also has buttons for these controls.