SIYI A8 mini 4K AI Mini Zoom Gimbal Camera - AI Identify & Tracking, 4K 1/1.7-inch 8MP Sony Sensor, 6X Zoom

Hi @Wolferl do you have any idea of how to enable the recording on/off in the SIYI Camera module !?

1 Like

Hi Shubham,

I’m using MNT1_TYPE=8, CAM1_TYPE=4 and RCx_OPTION=166 on copter 4.4.0-beta5.
That RC channel needs to be configured as a toggle switch.
But, I have to admit, that quite often, starting a video recording fails after a few seconds. I wasn’t able to find out what happens. It is just annoying.
It’s a shame that the A8 camera is the typical “banana ware” product. We’ll see…
I am thinking about going back to SBus control of the gimbal.

Cheers,

Hi Sagar, Which Video Tx and Rx setup are you using for your recording because , I’m using the Conventional Video Tx with CVBS video input but somehow I’m not able to start the video recording manually over UART. DO you have any idea how to enable the video manually over the UART of Ardupilot.

I am having a Wobbling in the Pitch Axis, whenever mount mode is not RC Targetting. Instead of locking the pitch axis it just wobbles

Does Anyone Know what may be happening and how to fix?

Thanks

whenever I Point camera Here from mission planner, it doesnt turn yaw axis, only pitch axis.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried in all mount modes but cant get it to work. Is mavlink targeting the correct mode to do it?

Thanks!

Copter-4.4.0 was released at least a week ago - I’d use that.

2 Likes

Hi @ddomit,

I think the wobble will go away if it is mounted on the bottom of the copter instead of the top. The ZR10 allows mounting “upside down” (e.g. on the top of the vehicle) but I’m less sure about the A8.

Re point-camera-here not moving the yaw, I’d like to see a log file or at least a parameter file. In particular I’d like to check that the MNT1_YAW_MIN and MAX are non-zero.

1 Like

We are running on Arducopter 4.3.5

Had no issues running SIYI A8 Mini Gimbal on gimbal firmware v0.2.2

After updating to v0.3 - facing jittering and gimbal getting completely stuck. Pitch gimbal motor gets hot.

Anyone else facing the issue? @SIYI

yes I have those symptoms at times never put it down to the firmware but you are correct also mine wont calibrate properly on v3.0

I have exactly the same problem, the new A8 mini, after flashing to gimbal version 3.0 after 30 minutes of flight, it just got stuck no longer controlled at all. Now I can’t do anything with it, rolling back the firmware does not help. @SIYI

2 Likes

Hello,

My A8 is moving by itself during flight. It starts moving in Roll axis, then Pitch axis. Sometimes we fly looking at the sky because the gimbal moves without any command. Version is .2.2. I’m afraid of upgrading since others said it breaks the system.

Please, I need to make a decision. Keep waiting for @SIYI which never solves it. Or move to another gimbal. What other gimbal do you suggest??

Thanks!

1 Like

@SIYI , this is how the video output is like when it is jitter. It is not visually possible to capture the jitter in the gimbal since its very high freq. But if you touch the gimbal you can feel it.

SIYI A8 Mini Jitter Issue.MP4

Please also let us see how the gimbal is vibrating when the video acts like this

@SIYI: I’ve got a feature request for you:
I have played with the S.Bus Interface. It basically works, but for the nick and zoom functions, you can only “go up” or “go down”, but not control the function linearly. Like outputting 1500 units on the channel, the gimbal should point 45° down.
Is that possible?
I am using the latest gimbal (v0.3.2) and camera (v0.2.2) firmware versions.

Hi @SIYI,
I noticed there’s firmware updates for both the camera and the gimbal software available on the website.
The Google Drive used to publish an update log with the new firmware - is this available? Could it be posted on the website too?
Does this new firmware require an updated manual version? ie. is there changes to the SDK?

Cheers

Have you tried the absolute zoom feature?

1 Like

Hi Frank,

Ah ok, I didn’t notice that option. Tried it out. It works, but zooming is not smooth, it seems to have certain zoom “steps” it likes. Well ok, I can live with that. If we now can have the same functionality on the nick channel, that would be great.

Cheers,
Wolferl

Excuse me, what does the “nick channel” mean?

Hi Frank, sorry, I meant the “pitch” channel.

A8 mini New Firmware

https://siyi.biz/en/index.php?id=downloads&asd=22

1 Like