Servers by jDrones

Simulation tab only displays firmware selection, cannot configure advanced ip settings

(Jonathon Ready) #1

I am trying to access this page in the simulation tab. However the entire tab is filled with this page where firmware is selected.

I noticed in this video on youtube that Michael Oborne published that the page I can access typically pops up as a second window. Is that the way it is supposed to work? How do I correct this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

(Michael Oborne) #2

the first listed method is no longer supported. and xplanes support is only setup to work on the same pc as the simulator is running currently

(Jonathon Ready) #3

I found my problem. X-plane doesn’t send any data unless at least one data set is selected from the data settings in x-plane. Somehow the ardupilot elf will turn on more data sets, but it won’t connect if there are no data sets selected initially.

(Brennan Stewart) #4

I believe that I am encountering a very similar problem to the one you had where I can’t get the SITL to connect to Xplane when running both from the same computer, if possible could you elaborate or post a screen shot of how you set up the initial data sets.

(Jonathon Ready) #5

I made a video showing intial setup and explanation of sitl for my friend who is setting it up. It’s a long video but it shows every setting I changed. https://youtu.be/wTGz0uMBtZw

(Brennan Stewart) #6

Thank you, I was able to find the mistake I was making thanks to that video and was able to get SITL working with xplane.

(Jonathon Ready) #7

Glad you got it working