Sik radios failing in Mission Planner new version - Known Issues

to rule out MP or drivers issue, could you check with the RFDModem tool https://files.rfdesign.com.au/tools/ ?

Eosbandi

Load settings works using RFD toolā€¦took less than 3 secondsā€¦

OK. I see a large commit in MP for updating sikradio parts. I think it address the issue.

Eosbandi :slight_smile: so I am not crazyā€¦phew!!!

Experiencing similar problems in mission planner 1.3.7563.27684

RFTool can (rapidly) load settings for both local and remote USB-uart bridge but Mission Planner cannot. Same load settings in mission planner ā€œfailed to enter command modeā€.

2 solid greensā€¦ antenna 10 cm apart. Trying to connect on same com port fails with No heartbeat packets recieved.

Will be fineā€¦ Iā€™ll figure it out on my own or replace the parts with better ones, but just wanted to point out that definately something off in mission planner. It seems it cannot do a simple config load that RFTool can do with no problems.

Problem was solved by restarting mission planner and switching USB ports on the computer. Oddly enough, after it worked the first time, switching back to the original USB port it originally failed to work in worked fine. Suspect some kind of problem with windows events or something like that.

I donā€™t know if the problem has been solved buy to load settings you must have the radio telemetry disconnected from mission planner.

thanks for the hint. finally my problem is solved, i use telemetry 915 mhz

@UAVSkies @dkemxr @Eosbandi
Im facing this exact same problem of ā€œfailed to enter command modeā€ just for the remote Radio.
and i find it overwhelming and confusing when i go through this entire series of threads

it would mean a great deal if you could tell me what the final solution to this problem was that worked for you

Read two posts aboveā€¦

@Eosbandi you mean this?

Disconnect your radio from the UAV telemetry port.

the siKs finally pair but they are not connecting with mission planner or qgc
any idea how to debug that?

really appreciate the help

lets go step by step.

1. Download RFD tool and see if you can talk to your SIK radios.
  1. if you can talk to your SIK radios this means radios are good.

2. Step 2, try another USB port on your laptop where you are running Mission planner and see if you can get into command port.

Do you understand this comment?

This should probably mean that if the MP is connected to the PC via USB, you have to disconnect it first, so that you can configure the SIK radios afterwards. But the MP also gives a corresponding message ā€¦

step 2 is where my systems stops working
i was able to pair the SIK radios using RFD900 tool, and both the radios show a solid green light.

when i try connecting to MP using just the SIK connections, its is unable to connect.

ive tried various laptops, ive tried different usb ports, nothing seem to work

Ok so we are no longer addressing how to get into command mode.

We are simply making two radios to talk with each other correct?

ā€œFor two radios to communicate the following must be the same at both ends of the link:

• the radio firmware version
  • the AIR_SPEED
  • the MIN_FREQ
  • the MAX_FREQ
  • the NUM_CHANNELS
  • the NETID
  • the ECC setting
  • the LBT_RSSI setting
  • the MAX_WINDOW setting

the other settings may be different at either end of the link, although youā€¦.ā€

What is the baud rate are you selecting for the com port? Are you sure you are using the correct usb port under MPā€¦

Have you followed all these instructions?

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-sik-telemetry-radio.html

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-configuring-a-telemetry-radio-using-mission-planner.html#common-configuring-a-telemetry-radio-using-mission-planner

yes to all of that
ive made sure the settings are the same, using the 57600 baud rate and the usb port is correct as well

the siks pair with each other giving me a solid green light, just that when i go to qgc they dont connect or when i press the connect button on MP it shows

would changing the version help? if yes can you please attach the suggested version
thank you sooo much for the help