Shaking in acro mode

Hi Everyone;

I’m using Rover version 4.5 and trying to create an autonomous vehicle. In my tests, when I switch to acro mode, the vehicle starts to shake, as you can see in the video in the link. How can I stop the car from shaking when I switch to Acro mode? You can access the vehicle’s log information here.

1 Like

Is there anyone who can help with this?

Have you gone through the whole tuning process, especially Tuning Turn Rate — Rover documentation?
Your rover tries to compensate for shaky yaw data.

1 Like

Yes, I tried all the settings on the page you mentioned. I drove as shown in the video and entered PID values, but the result did not change. The shaking has subsided but continues.

Can you share another logfile with a couple of seconds standing still in Acro with your new parameters please?

Hi;

You can view this log file

Access to the file is locked

Sorry I fixed it. You can access it now.

Increase ATC_STR_RAT_D, decrease ATC_STR_RAT_P and increase ATC_STR_RAT_FF. Can’t properly plot your data at the moment, but this looks like a feedback loop, not an issue with the data itself. If you hold the rover in your hands, as if it was standing on the ground, but wheels not touching the ground, is it still, or does it move the wheels left and right as well?

What will be the increase or decrease rate of the PID values you specify? Is it okay if I do this in 0.1 increments or decreases?

The rover normally sits on the ground. When I lift it up and put it in acro mode, the wheels start spinning immediately. When I put it down, it vibrates in place.

I would start with setting D to 0.2 and FF to 1.0. just to see if this reduces or eliminates the oscillations. If it does, reduce them until it starts shaking again, then set to the last value where it didn’t shake. 0.1 increments are okay for a rough dialing in.

Once you’re at that point, take these values as baseline for the tuning process I’ve linked to earlier. Do it exactly as described, step by step. Alternatively you can use QuikTune.

Also, set EK2_ENABLE to 0, and set AHRS_EKF_TYPE to 3. You don’t need both EKF2 and EKF3 enabled, and you want to use EKF3.

1 Like

Hi,

I haven’t had a chance to test it yet. When I have a free day, I will make my adjustments according to the information you gave and test it. I will write the results. thank you.

1 Like