Severe compass drift

I am using pixhawk 2.4.6 arducopter 3.5.3 and mission planner 1.3.50.
In the initial setup and the mandatory setup I am having severe compass drift and misalignment. initially the compass is off by 80-90 degrees positive and then gradually drifts constantly about 5-6 degrees per minute in the negative or counter clockwise direction. I have a second pixhawk behaving similarly. Neither one will successfully complete compass calibration even with relaxed mode. The current offsets are x: 27, y:17, z:-815

Both of these have been in minor crashes but they just didn’t seem severe enough to damage anything unless the compass in the pixhawk is very delicate.

There is no flight log because I don’t want to fly without a compass. The GPS is not connected, so it is definitely the internal pixhawk compass showing the problem. .

Thoughts?

Can you turn on logging while disarmed…

LOG_DISARMED=1

Turn it on, try a calibration and post the logs.

Okay here is the log while I tried to calibrate the compass.

It’s been a few days and so far i’m still stuck with this compass issue. The decision I am trying to make is whether or not to chunk this Pixhawk and get a new one or is this one somehow able to be made to work or fixed.

I am restarting the effort to get this pixmax working. An still have major drift problems with the compass. I didn’t know which log fie to upload so I uploaded everything below.
Can someone tell me what is wrong with this compass and if there is a way to fix it?

3 12-31-1999 6-33-48 PM.bin.zip (590.5 KB)