Setup Problems: Simple BGC Gimbal with RC Targeting

Hello everybody,

we are trying to setup a gimbal where we can adjust the pitch via our RC (with channel 12).
So far we have tried a lot.
We made sure that the RC is connected to our air unit (we can see the channel input in QGC)
We adjusted the parameters according to this link: SimpleBGC Gimbal (aka AlexMos gimbal) — Copter documentation
and continued with the linked step here: Gimbal / Mount Controls — Copter documentation
Here we had our first problem: when we go to RC12_Option in QGC there is no “Mount1 Pitch” (also no “Mount1 Roll” or “Mount1 Yaw”).
Therefore we tried to set this parameter in mission planner: User params → “RC12_Option” → “Mount1 pitch” (this seems to have worked, in QGC it says “Unknown: 213”)
We have connected out simple bgc as shown in this picture (SimpleBGC Gimbal (aka AlexMos gimbal) — Copter documentation).

We are not really sure which params we have to set in the simple bgc software but so far everything we tried doesnt work. We want to use the “singe wire option” vis sbus.

I hope you guys can help us with the info provided.

Hard-/Software:
Cube Orange (Ardupilot version: 4.4.2)
Siyi MK15
Simple BGC 32bit extended (Sofware version: V2.71b6)
QGroundControl

Cheers Johann and Justus

PS: If i missed important info pls let me know.

PPS: I hope the tags and all that stuff was correct, feel free to make suggestions where i should ask instead.

1 Like