Setup a SIYI A8 gimble with Herelink

Hello my fellow Arducopter friends,I am wanting to connect a SIYI A8 camera gimble to my here link airside is there a way to transmit the video onto the herelink screen many thanks

Hi @MartyMcFly,

The Siyi A8 has HDMI output so it can be directly connected to the Herelink’s airunit’s HDMI1 port. This is how I use it and it works fine. The A8 is a bit sensitive to vibration (perhaps especially low frequency vibration) but Siyi is apparently coming up with some firmware upgrades to help in this area.

1 Like

Thank you Randy, you are a true gent im working on mounting my A8 to a Hexsoon 450 EDU,and my herelink is V1 so being able to use the HDMI 1 port is brilliant.
Once again thank you for every thing you do for the Ardupilot community.

1 Like

Good afternoon.
We have:
Cube Orange
Here link Airunit HX4 v1.1
Herelink controller HX4
SIYI A8 mini gimbal camera (latest firmware)
After connecting, everything worked well, the camera image over ethernet showed almost no delay until airunit was updated from version AU01220917 to version AU01230714. After that, the airunit began to heat up very much and the camera stopped showing via ethernet, it still works via HDMI. There was another airunit, with firmware AU01220917, everything also works well on it. It turns out that the case is in the new airunita firmware. How do I get the old firmware back? I have not found this information anywhere on the web.

@rmackay9
My name is Sid, and I’ve been encountering some difficulties with my Herelink v1.1 system while trying to connect it with a Siyi camera for my drone. Initially, when I connected the camera with the Here-Air unit (ETH), everything worked smoothly. However, after a few days, the connection ceased to function.

I’ve tried troubleshooting the issue myself, but haven’t had any luck so far. Could you please assist me in figuring out how to successfully stream video through Herelink with the Siyi camera using the ETH connection? Additionally, I’ve found that everything works perfectly fine when using the HM30 module. I also have your Mosaic Camera Module, including A8, ZT6, and ZR30, all of which function excellently with the HM30 module. However, when I attempt to use them with Herelink, they stop working after a few days.
Your guidance in resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Omnilert,

I’m afraid that I have not yet setup my Siyi A8 and Herelink to use ethernet. I’ve always just relied on the HDMI output of the camera. I hope to at some point and then add this to the wiki but I haven’t got to that yet I’m afraid.