Setting waypoints and activating the mission with no remote

Hi all, i would like to know if it is possible to set waypoints in Groundstation/Mission planner, upload the file to the Pixhawk and then activate the switch for the rover to go through the mission. If it is possible is there a tutorial on how to do it? I am quite new to this and just recently got my pixhawk 2.4.8 to implement in my robot kit.

Thank you in advance

Hi, I do hope I am understanding your question correctly. If by “no remote” you mean without the use of a transmitter to manually control the rover, the answer is yes. If you make your waypoints mission, you can either upload by telemetry or by usb to the pixhawk. Then you can do your standard arming and switching to auto mode. You’ve made it this far, but you have a choice now: remain connected or disconnect.

I advocate for keeping a link between your Ground Station and the rover at all times: either through the usb cable (meaning you’d follow the rover around) or by telemetry (telemetry is a form of wireless communication). This is important to diagnose issues and to stop it in emergencies.

If you don’t have telemetry, or the will to follow the rover around with your Ground Station in hand, you can disconnect your rover from the Ground Station as long as you set FS_ACTION to Nothing. This will continue your mission without any input from you.

As for tutorials, I recommend looking at the docs for setup instructions, if you haven’t already.

I hope I gave you the answer you were looking for. If not, I apologize.

1 Like

Hi Ariel, thank you for your detailed answer. I apologize if i was not to specific in my question. I have telemetry that i can use to keep the link between the ground station and the rover. My telemetry is 100mW.
Thanks again.