Setting of Servo Output on TriRotor

I am building a Qplane with 2 tilt rotors at front and one non-tilt rotor at rear. See attached photo.

FC is Pixhawk running AP V4.4.4. I also attach the Servo Output page of MP and the param.

When the plane is powered up :-- (Tried both QStabilize and FBWA mode)

• Position #3 and #4 (Elevon Right/Left) in Servo Output respond to Tx input of elevator and aileron stick.
  • Position 1, #2 and #7 green bars do not move in response to throttle stick
  • Position #5 and #6 – no green bar appear

Pixhawk Output pin connection :–
1 Left ESC
2 Right ESC
3 Right elevon servo
4 Left elevon servo
5 Left tilt servo
6 Right tilt servo
7 Rear ESC

The relevant Prearm msg is : No Servox_Function set to Motor 1.
I don’t know which is Motor 1, but I clearly set the values to all the 3 motors as shown in Servo Output page.

Param__TriRotor.param (18.8 KB)

Pls point out what I have done wrong.

I think you want Q_TILT_TYPE=2 for vectored yaw.
And instead of using throttleleft/right you should be using motor1/2 and motor4 for the tail.
Not sure why you aren’t seeing tilt servo outputs…

Thank you for yr reply.
I changed the Q_TILT_TYPE to 2, Position 1,2 and 7 to Motor 1, 2 and 4, but still no ESC output. I calibrated the radio and the 2 tilt servo output status bars appear, but still no output when
I forgot to tell you the ESCs keep on beeping as soon as I plug in the battery, and this is the issue I need to solve before I see any ESC output.
I did calibrate ESCs according to the wiki (set Q_ESC_CAL to 1, Qstabilize and arm the quad) but to no avail.

ESCs and motors were all working 1 week ago when I switched the FC from KK2 to Pixhawk.

Any hint ?

BRD_SAFETYENABLE=0
BRD_SAFETYOPTION=0
You can give it a try

Thanks. Attached is the BRD param.

The nearest to BRD_SAFETYENABLE is BRD_SAFETY_MASK, and I enabled it, ie ignore the safety switch by clicking all the output, (value =16383) as shown here.

ESCs still keep on beeping and motors did not spin even armed. But when I connected the Safety Switch to Pixhawk, after pressing the switch, motors can spin after armed.

I want to get rid of the Safety Switch (as rudder stick arming is already a safety feature). No matter what values I tried on these 2 settings (BRD_SAFETY_MASK, and BRD_SAFETY_OPTION), I still need the safety switch to get the motors spin. I can get rid of the switch in earlier versions of Ardupilot.

For the time being, I will live with the safety switch…

Thank you

That’s wrong, it should be like this
7d9a0b34eaced12add644fb766da245

Hi LY,

Yes, it works. I did not read the description of BRD_SAFETY_DEFLT. Now I can get rid of the Safety Switch.

By the way , do you have the link to the Chinese version of Mission Planner ? If yes, please give it to me .

The translation inside the English version Mission Planner seems does not work well.

Thank you.

You can leave an email and I can send you a document

My email : frankie.wcfung@gmail.com

Thanks

I have this one :–

http://www.modouwo.com/AiHaoZhe/Tutorial/List/UAV/30

The file has been sent, please check it!
And it’s very similar to your link

I have got it. Thank you.