Setting Home With RC Transmitter

I can set waypoints in learn mode with no trouble. But I have not been able to set home. I found
the point in the code where init_home() is called if the steering channel exceeds 3000 when in manual
mode and channel 7 is toggled. Since the maximum value achievable on the steering channel for my setup
is around 1985, I rebuilt the code with the count lowered to 1900. But home is not changed when I try
this. Am I misunderstanding how the home point gets changed? Code version is V2.43.

@beschmid12,
Whenever I use the Learning Mode to record waypoints for a Mission, my rover always goes into the Hold Mode at the last waypoint which I usually set up to be just a few meters beyond the rover starting waypoint. My home location moves around with the rover when I am in the Manual and Learning Modes. The first waypoint in the Mission is referenced to where I start the rover (Home) in relation to the first waypoint.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

So in other words, if I record the waypoints, move the rover to where I want it to start and put it into auto mode, it will set home to where I start running the plan?

@beschmid12,
That appears to be the way it works.
On my test course I always start the rover about 3m from the first waypoint and have the final waypoint a few meters ahead of the first waypoint so the rover finishes beyond the first waypoint.
Now if I want the rover to end where I started it from, I would put the last waypoint at the starting point (home). I have not tried using the return to home with my rover so I do not know if it works like with a multicopter.
Regards,
TCIII AVD