Servo control doesn't work with sbus rc connection

I am newcomer about the missionplanner and pixhawk system. I was trying to connect my controller with ppm encoder but I couldnt see any response in the radio calibration section. So I switchet to the Sbus than I was able to see some inputs. At that point I think that I am ready to test my connection and run a servo but I couldnt make it work. I guess RC controller’s first channel and mission planners ch1 is connected because the bars move with my inputs. Servo autput window shows that ch1 is aileron. So I connected my servo to the main out 1, but my inputs didn’t make it turn, move or anything. Of course I tried it when its armed. I am open to any solution with controlling the servo and the ppm encoder connection.
My pixhawk is Orange cube+ reciever is R9DS and the transmitter is AT9S.

Hi Oguzhan,
The output pins on the cube where you connect your servos are not powered by the flight controller. In other words the positive pin ( the middle of the three pins) has no voltage on it. To make the servo move you have to connect an external battery, e.g. thru a BEC, to power the output rail. Only the SBus pins are powered by the internal voltage regulators provided on the pixhawk/Cube board. Also be careful not to plug in any servos to the receiver while its connected to the SBus on the Cube. This will likely damage the FC as it will be overloaded by the servo current.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, by the SBus pins I was referring to the RCIN connection on the Cube.