Serial monitor output from Pixhawk running ArduPlane

Dear all,

whenever I connect my Pixhawk, in this specific case running on ArduPlane 3.5.0 but I’ve seen it on other versions before as well, to my computer and read it out with a serial communicator (e.g. the Mission Planner terminal, Putty), I get a lot of gibberish in between the ‘normal messages’. I have the baud rate set correctly at 115200. The output from Putty (I have attached the full log file as an attachment) looks something like this:

[quote]Init ArduPlane V3.5.0 (379ca5ac)

Free RAM: 119504
load_all took 7168us
0 0 0 DataFlash_File: buffer size=16384
þ3 ýDemo servos î½þ Ö½þü! €! ü0 ÿÿ ÿ—þ} Ðþ3ýInitialising APM µ}þ3ýBeginning INS calibration. Do not move plane Ûoþ QÍþaü! €! ü0 ÿÿ ÿÆ‚þ}† UInit Gyro****þ µRþ
ü! €! ü0 ÿÿ ÿ‰Ÿþ}Ž ¤2
þ3ýCalibrating barometer ¤Zþ
¡þü! €! ü0 ÿÿ ÿjCþ} uþ3ýBarometer calibration complete ”þ kþü! €! ü0 ÿÿ [/quote]

Does anyone know the reason for this, and how to get rid of the gibberish?

As I said, this is not exclusively in Putty. In the Mission Planner terminal, for example, I see exactly the same. I used Putty here for testing if it was perhaps an issue in the Mission Planner, and because Putty allows for easy logging the output to a file.

I have attempted a few solutions I found through searching this forum and Google. One is to press RETURN 3 times to trigger the CLI. This does not seem to change anything for me. I have also double checked the correct baud rate. Unfortunately, neither provides me with an answer to my question.

Have you checked CLI_ENABLED is set to 1