Separate Cam1 and Cam2 triggering

I’ve got a problem with understanding how Cam1 parameters work alongside Cam2. I have three cameras. Two of these cameras share a PWM trigger input from my Aux1 port. The third camera has its’ own PWM trigger input from the Aux4 port.
I have configured both of these aux ports as “Camera Trigger” from the Servo Outputs page. However, both ports seem to be defaulting to Cam1 settings.

Cameras 1+2 need a PWM signal that holds the signal high for 0.5s. Anything shorter than that, and it isn’t detected. Camera 3 (Cam2 in parameters) needs a signal that lasts for only 0.1s. Anything longer than that, and multiple captures are taken. It is imperative that the number of captures is equal across cameras.

How do I configure Aux4 to use Cam2 parameters? I realize they are both “servo” cameras, but I thought I could give separate PWM settings to Cam1 and Cam2?

Again, right now, Cam2 settings seem to be ignored, and Cam1 settings are used for both Aux outputs.

Hi @peterscache12,

Thanks for the report.

I’ve checked the code and you’re right that when two servo cameras are setup (e.g CAM1_TYPE = 1, CAM2_TYPE = 1) and multiple PWM outputs are setup as CameraTrigger (e.g. SERVO9_FUNCTION = 10, SERVO10_FUNCTION = 10) instead of the 1st camera instance using the first output and the 2nd using the 2nd output, both cameras will activate both outputs.

I’ve created an issue here AP_Camera: 2nd camera should use different PWM output · Issue #27015 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for raising the issue! I am definitely no expert on ardupilot code.

1 Like