Sensor Hub X2 Voltage sense pins short

Hello all,

I have recently obtained a MAUCH sensor hub X2 from one of my friends, which he wants me to assemble along with a couple of current sensing modules. Upon closer inspection I have observed that the voltage sensing pins from both the sensor module connector are short (seems to be purposely done via a track in PCB). I would like to know if anyone else has observed this since it can cause measurement errors in case of battery voltage difference. It would also cause one battery pack to charge the other via the voltage divider resistor in case there’s a potential difference during stdby.
It would be helpful if someone can shed some light on this issue. Apologies if this is not the right place to post this query.

Regards,
Ash619.

Which pins exactly do you mean are shorted?

Hello,

The pins U in from both the connector seems to be short.

That is odd - maybe you should contact Mauch
It wont cause batteries to charge or discharge each other, because you need to connect the voltage/current sensors into the PL- Sensor connectors.

@xfacta You are correct that it wont charge/discharge unless connected. But once connected this will happen via the 10k resistor divider which is certainly not ideal. Also I have noticed that these shorted nets are then connected to the pin U out on the BEC connector. It seems that this has been done purposefully and the controller may be reading an average voltage of both the battery pack. It would really be helpful if someone can crosscheck this in their sensor hub module.

Regards,