Sending terminal commands to raspberry pi or jetson

Can you please help me about sending terminal commands to raspberry pi(which is on drone and connected to USB port of pixhawk) from ground control station. GCS use telemetry radio to get flight data to see in Mission Planner. I wonder how can I send any terminal command (such as “mkdir folder”) to Raspberry via that setup. Is it possible to achieve this?

Hi,

first of all, you should not use the USB port while operating the drone. Micro-USB connectors are not very sturdy and might disconnect during flight.
Use a UART connection instead.
Regarding your question, not getting an answer for an extended periid of time is usually an indication that there is no solution or no easy solution to the problem.
You are using a telemetry radio, which is a serial connection optimised for mavlink packets. It is possible to use a serial connection to open a terminal on a Raspberry Pi, but in your case the radio is connected to the Pixhawk and already occupied by the mavlink payload. You would need a way to pack the terminal commands in the mavlink packets and make the Raspberry Pi unpack and act on them. I have no idea how to do that. The easiest would be a second set of telemetry radios. I use wifi for my rovers so I have full access to the onboard computers. RC control, telemetry and video also use wifi. The problem for a drone is the limited range of the wifi connection.