Sending Longitude and Latitude Inputs to the Simulation (SITL) to Change the Location on Map

Hello everybody, hope you are all doing well.

I am doing in a project in which I receive GPS data (Longitude, and Latitude) from an Android device via an SQL server. What I am trying to do is to send this Longitude - Latitude data to my SITL vehicle in Ardupilot. I thought about using Dronekit Python API as such:

from dronekit import connect, VehicleMode

import time
import mysql.connector
import time

#--- Start the Software In The Loop (SITL)
import dronekit_sitl
#
sitl = dronekit_sitl.start_default()   #(sitl.start)
#connection_string = sitl.connection_string()

mydb = mysql.connector.connect(
  host="******",
  user="******",
  password="*****",
  database="koordinat"
)
mycursor = mydb.cursor()

#--- Now that we have started the SITL and we have the connection string (basically the ip and udp port)...
print("Araca bağlanılıyor")
vehicle = connect('tcp:127.0.0.1:5762', wait_ready=False, baud = 115200) 
vehicle.wait_ready(True, raise_exception=False)

#-- Read information from the autopilot:
#- Version and attributes
vehicle.wait_ready('autopilot_version')
print('Autopilot version: %s'%vehicle.version)

#- Does the firmware support the companion pc to set the attitude?
print('Supports set attitude from companion: %s'%vehicle.capabilities.set_attitude_target_local_ned)

vehicle.mode = VehicleMode("GUIDED")
vehicle.armed = True

while(True):

mycursor.execute("SELECT * FROM koordinat WHERE 1")

location = str(mycursor.fetchall())
    location = location.split(",")

location[0] = location[0].replace("[", "")
    location[0] = location[0].replace("(", "")
    location[0] = location[0].replace("'", "")

location[1] = location[1].replace("[", "")
    location[1] = location[1].replace(")", "")
    location[1] = location[1].replace("'", "")
    location[1] = location[1].replace(")", "")

# Converting the longitude and latitude to float, before assigning to the vehicle GPS data:

location[0] = float(location[0])
    location[1] = float(location[1])

# Setting the location of the vehicle:

vehicle.location.global_frame.lat = location[0]
    vehicle.location.global_frame.lon = location[1]

print('Konum:', str(vehicle.location.global_frame.lat)+str(","), str(vehicle.location.global_frame.lon)+str(","), str(vehicle.location.global_frame.alt))

#- When did we receive the last heartbeat
    print('Son bilgi gelişi: %s'%vehicle.last_heartbeat)

time.sleep(1)

However, when I check from the SITL and Mission Planner (also from the print statement from my code) the location does not change; the simulator simply ignores those commands sent by the Dronekit. Is there a working method to accomplish what I am trying to do? I tried to change the sim_vehicle.py script which I use to start the simulation on SITL. But I was only able to change the starting/home location of the vehicle. I was not able to change the current location of the vehicle on SITL and Mission Planner.

Since I receive the Longitude and Latitude information from an SQL server via. Python, I need to be able to send these GPS inputs on Python. Can you show me a way to do that; if it is possible to accomplish that on Dronekit, what should my message be like?

I asked about this on the Discord channel, and I was told that I may use GPS_INPUT for that purpose, however I could not figure that out because I was not able to find a similar example online.

Take a look at MAVProxy’s fakegps module: MAVProxy/MAVProxy/modules/mavproxy_fakegps.py at master · ArduPilot/MAVProxy · GitHub