Sending commands via /mavros/setpoint_velocity/cmd_vel in guided mode

Hi, I’m trying to drive an hexacopter through mavros. My setup is Pixhawk 1 with arducopter 3.5, raspberry pi3 b+ with ubuntu, ros kinetic and mavros (an old version, I think). I connect wirelesy with my laptop. I run ROS core in my laptop, configure ROS_IP and ROS_MASTER_URI on pi. I roslaunch mavros apm.launch and confirm that I can read mavros topics in my laptop. I takeoff manually, change to positionhold flight mode and positioning the hexa. Then, in my laptop I publish to /mavros/setpoint_velocity/cmd_vel at a rate of 30 Hz. Then I change flight mode with my RC Tx to guided. /mavros/state reflect the change, mode field change to GUIDED, but the hexa doesn’t move.
Am I missing something? Is there a way to confirm GUIDED mode other than /mavros/state? I have telemetry radio, I could connect a qgroundcontrol if it help for debug the problem.

Thank!

Hello.
Is GPS received? Basically, guided mode cannot fly if GPS is not received.

yes, GPS is received, I could flight in POSHOLD fligth mode.
The question is, when I change to GUIDED, if there is a problem then how to know what it is, because /mavros/state->mode confirm I’m in GUIDED mode, but it seems that the arducopter reject the flight mode change.

Thank

What is the system id of mavros? It needs to match the SYSID_MYGCS parameter on your controller.
https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters-Copter-latest-V4.0.2-dev.html#sysid-mygcs-my-ground-station-number . I set mavros to match my controller when launching: roslaunch mavros apm.launch fcu_url:=‘udp://127.0.0.1:14551@14555/?ids=255,240’ where the 255 matches the Pixhawk SYSID_MYGCS setting. Unless these two match, the Pixhawk will ignore all commands

I have 2 vheicles in the network, one with sysid = 1 and the other with sysid 2. But in roslsunch I set tgt_system parameter and fcu_url is serial device.
I think I solved the problem, a bad configuration on /etc/hosts on the pi’s. I will report after testing.

@elgarbe do you have any solution? i have the same problem

The problem was in /etc/hosts each hostname and ip address needs to be in the file on each raspberry/pc

maybe my problem is different:
I started building an hexacopter (flame f550) using a raspberry 4 and the orange cube with optical flow and a leddar One. I have installed mavros. I’m trying to get the raspberry to communicate with the cube. I can see the topics and read what they publish. But I have these problems:

1. At the beginning i couldn 't see the eco of the topics so i use this line “rosservice call /mavros/set_stream_rate 0 10 1”( is it correct?)
    but i can’t see the eco of local_position/pose. Do you know why or how i could solve this problem?
  2. my second problem is that the copter could not take off. I switched the mode in guided and arm the copter then I tried to publish a velocity with “mavros/setpoint_velocity/cmd_vel_unstamped” but the copter didn’t listen to me. So i tried to use “mavros/setpoint_position/local” but nothing. i think that for now i can’t use setpoint_position because i don’t have an echo from local position.
    My question is :
    what am I doing wrong? is the same problem @elgarbe?