Seeking Guidance: Implementing GPS-Free Navigation with ArduPilot

Dear ArduPilot Community,

I would like to express my gratitude to the team for their prompt response to my previous question regarding GPS-free navigation using the DR function. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

However, I am currently facing difficulties in implementing the provided script onto my Cube Orange flight controller. Despite my efforts, I fear that I may have made some mistakes along the way.

Here are the steps I have taken so far:

1. I copied the code from the following source: [ardupilot/copter-deadreckon-home.lua at master · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub]. The code is specifically from the copter-dead reckon-home.lua applet in the ArduPilot GitHub repository.
  2. I downloaded the master folder of ArduPilot and navigated to the appropriate directory.
  3. I pasted the code into the designated location.

However, I am uncertain about how to integrate this script into my existing flight controller. As a complete beginner, I lack an understanding of advanced configurations and procedures.

I kindly request someone’s guidance in providing step-by-step instructions, keeping in mind that I am a novice in this field. It would greatly assist me if the instructions were explained in a clear and simplified manner as if teaching a child.

I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to everyone in advance for their support and assistance.

Thank you sincerely,
Junaid

2 Likes

Hi @junaid313,

To get the copter-deadreckoning lua script you’ll need to enable Lua scripting by setting SCR_ENABLE = 1 and then download the copter-deadreckoning lua script from github and then get it onto the autopilot’s SD card. In particular it needs to be placed in the APM/scripts directory. I usually use MP’s MAVFTP feature.

Next follow the instructions at the top of the script re parameter settings.

Below is a picture of a SITL test whre I’m testing another unrelated script. This pic is just to show where MP’s MAVFTP feature is found.

1 Like

Thak you so much sir, i have done

1 Like