Sbus Issue on Pixhawk 4 (FMUv5) in 4.1.0dev

Hello ,
I need to use the 4.1.0dev version on pixhawk 4 ( fmuv5 board ) , the card can’t read the Sbus signal correctly from x8r receiver ,in mission planner the radio channels moves in a random way , i use the SBUS RC port in pixhawk4 , i tested ardupilot 4.0.3 version and the same hardware and connection ,it works fine .
I tested the 4.1.0dev version on Pixhawk 1 and Sbus in RCin port ,it works fine .
I tested the 4.1.0dev version on Pixhawk 4 with other radio who uses PPM in PPM RC port and it works well but why the sbus not works !?

1 Like

Are you able to use the RC_PROTOCOLS parmeter to limit the protocol scan to SBUS only and see if that helps?

I’ve had the same problem, turned out one serial, in my case serial5 had to stay configured as -1. If you use it differently RCIN does not work.

1 Like

Hello ,
I have solved the problem, I will explain:
At the beginning I checked the RC_PROTOCOLS parameter on mission planner, it was not found, then i checked on my source code it was also not found ,but it excites on the current ghitub software (check RC_Channels_VarInfo.h) .
the version I used is really version 4.1.0-dev, ( version.h ) , a few days ago I switched from 4.0.3 version to master with ( git checkout master command ) , now i juste use git clone ,and
the current code works fine for the sbus on pixhawk 4 without changing RC_PROTOCOLS parameter ,the cause was the code.

1 Like