Great you got it working! looks like a nice setup you have there with the seats and shade.
I have been having a play with my pot, not sure if its because it got some water in or something, but it cant really do better then ±20deg repeatably. I think the sooner we implement a magnetic encoder the better. I did add a dead zone parameter maybe by adding a resistor between the wiper and ground to stop the wiper pin floating as it moves from fully + to fully - some better accuracy could be gained. My placement on the bow also results in the flag hitting the water when heeling over. There is auto min and max voltage calibration routine now at least.
I had the opposite problem here today, to much wind was good to do some testing in tho, I think it was about 20knots gusting 25+. I tested loiter and checked that Randy’s radians for the rates fixes the rates issue I was having. Also ran a upwind down wind auto mission. Essentially everything worked well, except bearing away and sometimes tacking. It would just slam the rudder to full but doesn’t know to sheet out, so it would just carry on straight. And for tacking it would just get stopped dead by a wave or something and start drifting backwards. Looking at the speeds, speed scaling seems quite pointless for this as it only gets to 2ish m/s when going full speed, gps is not really accurate enough to do the scaling well in such a small range. Maybe some logic based on heading error over time, i guess this is just steering integrator that lets the sail off might work for bearing away.
Heel control PIDS worked well tho, maybe abit smaller P and larger I would have helped smooth it out abit, due to the load the winch lets out fast then takes longer to sheet in, maybe a nicer winch would remove the need to tune up the gains as much.