Safety trigger in manual mode - Sitl/Mavproxy

Hi all,

I’m working on a Python script for testing on a plane, in few words it’s about free flight in manual mode under Sitl/Mavproxy.

In my script, after a climb and an altitude stabilization, the plane has to fall down really quickly, with pitch and throttle to 0 to make this fall happen.

The script is written like you are simulating moving the remote controller sticks manually (MAV_CMD_DO_SET_MODE" and “MAV_CMD_DO_SET_SERVO”) so it doesn’t move the servos directly.

My issue is that, during a fall initiated by my script , after few seconds in Sitl, the plane is coming up and stabilizes, and again fall few seconds and stabilize and so on and so on until it crashed.

I’m in manual mode, so nothing here has been written to mitigate any risks in my understanding, but I think there is a safety trigger at some point in Sitl but I didn’t find any. I’ve checked in the “param” file and I didn’t find something about that trigger. I need to validate the script before any field test !

Note that when I’m using the Mavproxy “RC” manual commands it works fine.

Mant thanks for your help

Nico

I tried to find something in “Plane Failsafe Function” but my settings are OK, nothing on this one …