Hey. I got a problem with servos hanging/freezing on Ardupilot. It looks like the servos themselves are the problem. They are Savox SG0211MG - I’ve read about many problems with Savox. The problem looks like this:
The autopilot (Cubepilot Orange) is powered from main battery. The servo rail is powered via 5v3A BEC (integrated with ESC). I’m on arduplane 4.0.7, there are 4 elevon servos on the model. I’m using Crossfire as RC link. I’ve tested them in every possible mode - always the same result.
I’ve tried everything:
- changing the SERVO_RATE to 240,
- changing BRD_PWM_VOLT_SEL to 5v
- plugging in separate 7,2v battery to power servo rail (instead of BEC)
- using 5000 uf low ESR capacitor
- I’ve checked if the problem exist with only one servo plugged in into the servo rail (yes it still exists)
It’s not RC link problem, and I doubt it’s an autopilot problem (checked on two different Cubepilots). Looks like those servos are crap, or are super power hungry.
- I’ve check them on 5v and 7,2v. - always the same, bad result.
Can You help me ? I literally don’t know what to do next