S.bus flight mode channel assignment?

Hey Guys/Gals,

So here is the explanation of my question. I have a new Futaba 10J that comes with a 7ch Rx. I’m using a pixhawk connected to the Sbus. (I’m new to both systems). The Pixhawk is currently using ch 1-5 via the Sbus, leaving me 6 and 7 open on the Rx.

I would like use the most inputs on the Rx i can for: gimbal mode, retracts, camera tilt, and camera control etc.

The question: Ch5 is used for flight mode, is there a way to set the pixhawn to look at ch10 (via Sbus) for flight mode? that way i can use the ch5 plug on the Rx for other equipment.

Or is the only solution to go buy a Rx with more channels?

Thank you!

[quote=“Koop37”]Hey Guys/Gals,

So here is the explanation of my question. I have a new Futaba 10J that comes with a 7ch Rx. I’m using a pixhawk connected to the Sbus. (I’m new to both systems). The Pixhawk is currently using ch 1-5 via the Sbus, leaving me 6 and 7 open on the Rx.

I would like use the most inputs on the Rx i can for: gimbal mode, retracts, camera tilt, and camera control etc.

The question: Ch5 is used for flight mode, is there a way to set the pixhawn to look at ch10 (via Sbus) for flight mode? that way i can use the ch5 plug on the Rx for other equipment.

Or is the only solution to go buy a Rx with more channels?

Thank you![/quote]

Hi,

sBus is delivering all 10 channels to your PixHawk.

1,2,3,4 are for Roll, Tilt, Throttle, Yaw,
5 is for flight mode,
6 could be assigned to Gimball Tilt when not needed for tweaking settings,
7 could be assigned to camera control,
8 is for flight option (auto,…)
9 and 10 are free, you can control a pixhawk option or retracts, lighting, via passtrough. Have a look at the Full Parameter List and choose your option for RC 9 and RC 10.

No need to purchase an other receiver,

Marc