Running a drone light show with ArduCopter and Skybrush

@ntamas

I am trying to build source code for cube Orange.
its says drone_show_manager() is missing.
Attaching image

Responded on our Discord server; I just confirmed that the build works so chances are that your build tree is not clean. Try using our buildall.sh script in the root of the repo that tries to ensure that the build is clean.

What’s the main issue preventing this from working on Windows? I am not a developer so I am not too familiar. From the previous comments, I saw ntamas suggest a trick to get things working, what would it mean to not get broadcast traffic from Skybrush? Would I still be able to view the simulated show?

The biggest issue (for me) would be to compile the SITL simulator on Windows. I am not a Windows dev so I don’t know what it would take to compile it. The rest should work fine on Windows; Live itself is pre-compiled and has binaries for Windows, and the server is based on Python, which should work fine on Windows as well.

can i contact you? Thanks

Join our Discord server and ask your question there in the #general channel (or whichever channel fits best).

Hey, this is fantastic demonstration. Everything regarding the software works 100% but here’s the thing, i am yet to build the drones to be used for the light show so i need to know what are the components will i need exactly also i’d love to have options. i mean what are the suitable flight controllers for example and their compatible firmware and so forth. Or link me to some sort of tutorial for building the drones for the light show purposes if possible.
thanks

One of the best tutorials, also mr. @ntamas is helping us at Discord

@kazogihara has kindly written a post about getting Skybrush to work from source; you can find it on his blog. Thanks a lot!

I cannot update the post any more, but note that there were new releases since the time the post was written, so if you are trying this now, use the CMCopter-4.4 branch instead of CMCopter-4.2 when cloning the repo of our firmware.

1 Like