Run mission planner with config from command line

I’d like to be able to start mission planner from the command line, and also specify a waypoints file to use.

For example

Right now I can start mission planner by running:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mission Planner\MissionPlanner.exe

I’d like to be able to specify a waypoints file, like this:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Mission Planner\MissionPlanner.exe mission1.waypoints

Is there a way to do this? I don’t mind using powershell if it can be done in powershell, vs regular command line. I’m using windows 7. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

can I ask what your ultimate goal is?

currently mp can load bin and tlogs via cmdline.

Absolutely. So, my end goal is to run mission planner from the command line via a script that is run remotely. I’d like to have a few different config files to load, so I have a few of those that I would like to open when mission planner starts.

So, there’s a couple of things I think I could do. I can either have a batch script, or something in powershell that runs mission planner with a specific config file as an argument (not sure if that’s possible…but doesn’t look like it), or, another option would be something like set mission planner to load a specific config by default, and just change whichever config file I want to load to the name of that file.

I’m still not sure if either of those are possible.

what would your process flow be?

ie I can make mp load a file, but whats it meant to do with it? or is just loading it all you wanted?