Rudder dithering issue

I’ve taken the 1.42beta3 rover code and adapted it to a boat and am having issues with the rudder dithering excessively (frequent sub-second multi-degree changes) regardless of what PID factors I try. I’ve tried changing the MPU6000 freq update from 10Hz to 20Hz to 42Hz, AHARD GPS gain, and Yaw P, all with no effect. Is there a way to smooth this as its drawing excessive current (SPSS-105 servo that can draw up to 9A) and degrading the ADCP data slightly.

@oceantrekker,
Try setting the STEER2_SERVO D parameter to 0 and the HEAD2_STEER D parameter to 0. These two changes greatly reduced the hunting on my rover.
Regards,
TCIII

Thanks, changing the D’s in both seemed to worked great. The boat is off to Greenland, will see how it does in September.

@oceantrekker,
Glad that we could help out and that your issue was resolved. Please keep us informed of your boats progress in Greenland.
In the future, the new ArduRover2 L1 code may be just the ticket for boats. We are still in the process of evaluating the L1 code and will let you know when a final version becomes available.
Regards,
TCIII Admin