RTL when radio control is lost?

I’m sure the system is capable of it, however I found out this isn’t enabled by default today.

My own bonehead maneuver :unamused: , I strapped the GoPro Hero3+ to the IRIS and took it for a spin. Once I got a little distance between me and the quad it dropped out of the sky like a rock! As seen here:
youtu.be/jEGRvv1-wp0

Quickly figured out that it was the WiFi on the GoPro causing the issue and was able to fly a couple more quick flights to test it all out. Prior to flying I balanced all props, but still got the famous Jello in the footage. Not as bad as some others I’ve seen, but bad enough. Time for a Gimble and some isolators.

But, I thought that the Return to Launch function would come on in this case so I was a little surprised. How can I enable this function?

Thanks!

[color=#004000]Moved to APM:Copter/Flight Modes, Radio Configuration, and Failsafes
This is not a hardware support question.
Please post your support requests to the appropriate subforum![/color]

tropmonk - did you ever find out how to get the RLT to come on when signal is lost…one of the flying a TBS Disco lost control and RTL took over…masha Allah saved the day…this is the link to his vid:
youtu.be/_NUwFsEG3U8
hope that helps

RTL is a selection you make in Mission planner, if you have an Iris already it must be a developer edition. Its very important that you join the developers groups that you will have received an invite to and update it to the latest FW. All sorts of things have changed pre release.