RTL on Failsave not working

Hi, anyone have an idea why the RTL on radio failsave function does not work for me with my PixHawk/APM? I’ve configured “Complete mission/RTL” but if I switch off my radio if the copter is about 20m away, it switches immediately to LAND.
The GPS signal is good (HDOP < 2) until this point. My only explanation is, that I’ve supressed the prearm-check for the compass (my offsets are too high). Could that be the reason?

Additional comment:
If I switch manually to RTL, it works like a charm.

Check to see if ‘Radio Failsafe’ is set to RTL instead of 'Land;.

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/thrott … ill_happen

[quote=“JoeBob”]Check to see if ‘Radio Failsafe’ is set to RTL instead of 'Land;.

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/thrott … ill_happen[/quote]

• FS_THR_ENABLE is set to 2 (Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode).
  • The Flight Mode is PosHold.
  • The vehicle is about 20 meters away from arm position
  • GPS 3D fix is aquired with HDOP < 2

When I switch to flight mode RTL with my radio, the vehicle climbs up, moves to the arm position and lands as expected. When I switch off the radio in the same situation, the radio failsafe trigger appears but the vehicle switches directly to LAND. If I switch on the radio again and change the flight mode to RTL while landing, the RTL mode works again. I’ve reproduced both scenarios multiple times.

The LAND-mode must be the choice of the failsafe handling, since I don’t have the LAND mode assigned to the manual mode selection.