RTL Descent Trigger

We are flying a commercially built electric helicopter that uses a Cube Orange Plus on AC 4.3.6. (It’s controlled so I can’t do updates until the manufacturer gives me the go-ahead). We did a series of flights yesterday each ending with an RTL. On the last flight the heli hovered over the home point for about 20 seconds before descending. Normally it was about 5 seconds per the configuration. (RTL_LOIT_TIME, 5000).

I’ve checked RC inputs, there were none. GPS looked good. I’ve looked at EKF and didn’t see anything odd. Vibrations are peaking below 10, and average below 5.

I don’t have permission (yet) to share the log file, so I was hoping that somebody could tell me what the trigger for the RTL descent point is so I can work backwards to see what was going on.

@Allister im not sure why that would happen. I would be surprised if it was heli specific because there is not much different between heli and copter for the auto mode logic. You should check to see if it did not capture the waypoint accurately and it took more time to capture the location.

Strange - interested to check it out.
If it’s a log you cant share publicly you can PM to me if you are allowed.