Rtk fixed issue

Hi everyone;

I want to report 2 problems.

My first problem is that I get a failsafe warning on my autopilot only when the um980 gps module is connected and all failsafe settings are off. I can not understand why.

My second problem is that it switches to rtk fixed mode without receiving any correction data with the gps module I use. This situation does not seem normal to me. I don’t have a base station on the ground and I don’t receive any correction data via ntrip, but I still see it as rtk fixed on mission planner. how can this happen.

in one picture you can see both problems.

With the UM982, I believe you’re seeing RTK Fix because of the dual antennas and the YAW calculations.

This is one of my concerns with using the UM982 or the Navspark module - convenient and cheap with everything built in, but hard to determine if I have RTK FIX for YAW, or RTK FIX for position.

I’m interested in both, for repeatable high precision routes.

With the Ublox F9P you can use one unit for YAW and one for POSITION and essentially ignore the YAW FIX (either you have yaw or you do not) while monitoring the position fix and pausing the mission when you lose RTK Fixed.

That’s an interesting observation, and one that I will be watching for as I spin up my next project with a UM982 module.

Please try to use the latest 4.4.3 firmware. 4.0BATE5 is only for testing and is the first time to add UM982 support. It may not work perfectly.

It does look like it has two serial ports (maybe three even) and I found some commands to set various aspects of the ports, but I didn’t see something clear like:

PVT output Serial1
POS output Serial2
RTCM input on S2

Then it could work like the F9P, getting position ONLY from one port, YAW only from the other, and sending corrections from the base to the POS unit.

But as noted, the documentation is lacking (or at least, hard to discover)

sorry for the late reply. the module I use is um980. not 982
um980 is a single antenna gps