RSSI Connection

I must be overlooking this in the documentation, but I need to know how to connect the RSSI output from an FrSky receiver to the Pixhawk (MRo version).

Which Frsky receiver? Some have 3.3V analog outputs for RSSI, others have a PWM equivalent on a channel.

I’m using an X8R for set-up purposes. It has a dedicated PWM RSSI output. I’m just not sure where to connect it on the Pixhawk. I found the setting in the parameters list for the RSSI Type and a page on Wiki with some brief but vague instructions but I’m still new to the Ardupilot systems and still reading through the documentation. Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Rick J Riggins
2585 E Pikes Peak Ave. # T-101
Colorado Springs, CO 80909

rjriggins11@yahoo.com

(719) 219-6884

Use the Sbus ouput pin (as GPIO) and set these:
RSSI_ANA_PIN to 103
RSSI_PIN_HIGH to 3.3V
RSSI_PIN_LOW to 0
RSSI_TYPE to 1

You will probably have to adjust the high and low voltage values to scale it. I use the Range test feature in the Tx to do this because you can get a good RSSI range just by moving the radio around a short distance.

The easy way to do this is get one of these: FrSky Yappu Telemetry Converter, or one of these: Craft & Theory Telemetry Converter. Then you can run the Yappu LUA scripts and get FULL telemetry including RSSI.