RSC Channel Input

I have a simple question: Is there any max/min PWM trigger value for the RSC input channel (channel 8)? I had thought there was an option to use a 3-position switch for setting throttle lock, mid-level set-point, and high-level set-point. Is this assumption incorrect? Are there any parameters for determining the trigger level for the channel 8 input, or is the interlock always engaged below mid (1500ms) PWM pulse?

Motor Interlock has 2 states.

Okay, so is there no option to implement two throttle set points? Or is there a way to switch between RSC SetPoint mode (mode 2) and Throttle Curve mode (mode 3) during flight? It would be convenient to have a controllable throttle during ramp up and take off, and then a governed set point throttle once in the air.

Ah, you have a Traditional Helicopter?

Yes, I’ve flown traditional helis as a hobby for a long time. Just getting my first traditional heli set up on ArduPilot to use as a mapping drone. I’m used to having three speed options for the throttle. (Ramp up, low speed, high speed). But this changes a little when I also want to allow the autopilot to take control of the throttle (can’t have the throttle pass-through). So I may want to set up a closed-loop control with the ArduPilot governor.

1 Like

…………,

Moved to Trade Heli for best support.

1 Like

Is it gas or electric? Typically the tuning on Ardupilot is based on a fixed RPM for heli, and I may be corrected, but I don’t I don’t think it allows for idle up.

If it’s gas there is provision for idling the engine before going to flight RPM.

1 Like