Rpanion server via LTE no connection to Mission planner

Hello

I have a problem here with understanding and configuring rpanion Server to Missionplanner.

I can’t get a connection to the mission planner from RPI Zero 2 with rpanion Server 0.10 via internet USB LTE.

Rpanion server has internet access via LTE USB stick, ping to Google is ok. Internet ok.

The IP of the LTE usb stick 10.147.17.84

The home computer with Missionplanner has the ip 192.168.2.9, firewall deactivated, router release no.

If I understand correctly, the ip from the computer should be taken in the mission planner, i.e. the ip from the Fritz-Box router with 192.168.2.9

and connect with UDP or UDPCI, is that correct?

Do I have to give a release from my Internet IP to my home computer with port 14550 in the Fritz Box Router. ?

Zerotier is activated on my home computer.

Connection to WiFi in the home network works without problems with the WiFi stick (Wifi2)

Wifi = home computer to fritzbox router connected to internet.

I have included pictures for better understanding.

Did I forgot something…?

Do I need the Cloud Upload function in Rpanion to connect to the mission planner?

I would be really grateful for help

Sorry for my english…

192.168.2.9 is your internal network address, it is not reachable from the itnernet. Login to Zerotier, and use the Zerotier Ip address instead.

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately it doesn’t work with the IP

Connected UDPCI with 921600 port 14550 IP 10.147.17.101

no data received. in the mission planner.

Just to rule out any home network configuration blocking access, can you temporarily connect your home computer via WiFi to a mobile hotspot (from your phone) and attempt to connect to rpanion then?

Did you set up the IP also in Rpanion?
Can you ping the rpanion ip from your yomputer?
In mission planner it’s “udp” and not “udpcl”, but 14550 should connect automatically, if you try to connect manually, will throw an error immediately.

#oli

yes, smartphone wifi hotspot connection, no connection to MP.

#Gyorgy_Fodi
yes, I have entered the IP 192.168.195.101 of my home computer with Missionplanner into rpanion with port 14550.

with UDP I can’t enter an IP…!? I only entered port 14550 in the connection list.
udp://192.168.195.101:14550

Ping to my 192.168.195.101 home computer with MP is ok
Ping to Rpanion 192.168.195.84 from my home computer, no connection

LTE usb stick is online with 5 signal bars
Zero tier was also seen online a few minutes ago.

Login via putty is also online with IP.

My question:

Do I need a ping from my home computer to rpanion.

Ping 192.168.195.84

Answer: no connection due to timeout

Have you try port 14552?

jai.GAY

yes.

I cannot ping the LTE USB stick

On the cell phone, ping is ok. On the LTE USB stick, there is no ping.
I tested 2 sim cards.

I also tested the LTE stick separately without rpanion with ping.

Is it because of the USB stick, do I need a special USB stick?

Which LTE stick do you use? ?

What’s strange is that zerotier works and updates the IP address

I can’t ping an IP from Zerotier and the Internet IP from the LTE stick, but the Internet works…

Do I perhaps have to activate the virtual server on the stick…?

Just talking out of my ass, but could it be that your LTE provider is blocking ports?

ping example.com -p 80, from windows 10

Where do you connect the USB LTE stick to?
Do you think the LTE provider can better help answer your question?
Is it your the host machine or antivirus software is blocking the port pinging.
Potential LTE network for Pi.

I’m confused on your IPs from your original post. Maybe some IP configuration issue.

VPN IPs should be something like 10.147.xxx.xxx

I just got mine working :slight_smile:

#oli1
It may be, but I couldn’t detect a 145** port lock with port scanner. only other ports were speared

#Jai.GAY and Daniel Li
I tested missionplanner with my cell phone and with my tablet, no data arrived. Firewall and antivirus are disabled.

I will test with rasp 2 and huawei stick and other mobile providers.

At Zerotier I deleted the old network and created a new network, which is why different IPs at Zerotier.

I also reinstalled rpanion server on rpi Zero.

I have to keep looking for the error…

Anyways thanks for your help.

You need to set in Rpanion the telemetry destination to the Zerotier IP address of the computer running mission planner. Looking at your screen shots I think that should be 10.147.17.101:14550.

IP addresses that start 192 are usually internal to a local network so those probably won’t work.

#allister

yes, I know, the destination address in rpanion and computer with MP must be the same.

I had created a new network at zerotier and this is currently my network as shown in the pictures.

1 Like

it works now.

The error was the wrong LTE USB stick and the wrong mobile phone provider.

There are too many fakes and clones of the LTE stick on the market

The fourth LTE stick then worked.

Thanks.

2 Likes