Rover Drives Past Last Waypoint

I decided to brave the mud and set ATC_SPEED_I = 0. I ran one lap of the normal route and the rover stopped immediately after reaching the last waypoint. Yuri, thank you for helping diagnose the problem.

2 Likes

I’ve gone through the speed control PID tune steps and the vehicle now stops reliably at its last waypoint! One oddity, though, is that it still doesn’t switch the mode to Hold after it stops. I see ‘Mission Completed’ in the messages and the ground speed is below that ATC_STOP_SPEED threshold, but it just sits there in Auto. Which is fine, functionally-- but it’s a bit strange. Are there any other conditions it might be waiting for?

See here. Though it’s slightly dated, I think the info still applies. If you want to select the hold flight mode explicitly, you could use a Lua script if scripting is supported on your autopilot.

1 Like

Aha! Thanks for the info. It doesn’t make a difference for my application as long as the rover actually stops, I just wanted to make sue nothing else was amiss. But that’s good to know about the scripting functionality anyway.