Rover-4.5.1 released!

Rover-4.5.1 has been released as the official version for rovers and boats and can be downloaded using MP, QGC or directly downloaded from firmware.ardupilot.org.

This release includes just one small but critical bug fix to the CSRF driver. That change is listed in the release-notes and copied below.

• Critical bug in the CRSF R/C protocol parser that can lead to a handfault and a vehicle crashing. A similar fix was applied to the GHST protocol, although we believe that GHST could not be affected by the bug, so this was just a precaution.

If you are using 4.5.0 and use the CRSF RC we strongly recommend upgrading immediately to 4.5.1.

Thanks and enjoy!

1 Like

I’m a newbie and must admit I a min trouble understanding the meaning of the various extensions added to ardupilot firmwares available in your Github repository… In my case, a Kakute H7 board lists the following options to download. Getting confused at this so early and fundamental stage is really really bad. Maybe a little note or legend somewhere would be useful ! Impossible to find any in your tutorials.

. KakuteH7-Wing - I understand this is the plane version
. KakuteH7-Wing-heli - Mixed plane and helicopter version, or Plane + BL-Heli ESC version ?
. KakuteH7-bdshot - BLHeli DShot version for all copters ?
. KakuteH7-bdshot-heli - BLHeli Dshot version for Helicopters only or DSHot BLHeli, or DShot for helicopters
. KakuteH7-heli - Helicopter version ?

Hi @MarcusParis,

Normally its best to use either Mission Planner or QGC to install the stable firmware.

We have instructions here on how to upload the firmware. The pictures show an older Pixhawk board but hopefully you can figure it out for the KakuteH7.

If using Mission Planner you should click on the icon corresponding to the vehicle frame you’re using (e.g. Copter, Plane, Rover) and then you’ll get a shorter list of the firmwares available.