Rover-4.4.0-beta4 available for beta testing

Rover-4.4.0-beta4 has been released for beta testing and can be installed using MP or QGC’s beta firmwares links or alternatively it can be manually downloaded from firmware.ardupilot.org.

Changes vs the previous beta are in the release-notes and copied below:

1. Autopilots specific changes
    • Diatone-Mamba-MK4-H743v2 uses SPL06 baro (was DPS280)
    • DMA for I2C disabled on F7 and H7 boards
    • Foxeer H743v1 default serial protocol config fixes
    • HeeWing-F405 and F405v2 support
    • iFlight BlitzF7 support
  2. Rover specific enhancements
    • QuikTune Lua script
    • Circle mode safety improvements including handling when CIRC_SPEED set too high
    • Velocity controller I-term build-up avoided when steering reaches limits
  3. Bug fixes
    • BLHeli returns battery status requested via MSP (avoids hang when using esc-configurator)
    • CRSFv3 rescans at baudrates to avoid RX loss
    • EK3_ABIAS_P_NSE param range fix
    • Scripting restart memory corruption bug fixed
    • Siyi A8/ZR10 driver fix to avoid crash if serial port not configured

Beta testing seems to be going well but there will most likely be one more beta to improve S-Curves path planning so that it takes into account the vehicle’s minimum turn radius.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Hi Randy-I flashed 4.4.0-beta4 from 4.5.0-dev where the Quicktune script was installed. I’m seeing these messages now:
Quick tune lua

I did plan on having another go with the script.

Guessing you’ll need to grab the script from Rover 4.4 branch. Probably updated slightly from your last use of it.

Also be sure to reboot after installing the script. The params need to be initialized.

Thanks Yuri. The link in the QuickTune Thread is broken, got another one?

Here is the Rover-4.4 branch QuikTune applet and its associated doc:

ardupilot/libraries/AP_Scripting/applets/rover-quicktune.lua at Rover-4.4 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

ardupilot/libraries/AP_Scripting/applets/rover-quicktune.md at Rover-4.4 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks. And I’m sure you are right. The Dev call notes suggest why there is the missing parameter message.

That did it!

2 Likes

@Yuri_Rage, @dkemxr,

Ah, right, I deleted the development branches so the old links stopped working. I’ve updated the install instructions and link at the top of the Rover Quiktune discussion. I’ve also removed the pre-built binaries because Rover-4.4.0-beta4 (or higher) should work.

Thanks for the report and fix!

1 Like